(18) people dont have hearts

your pov:
"we're going in nanamin." yuji said while putting the phone on speaker. "you can't. i already explained why this morning. if a veil has been cast then there's a strong likelihood he's both alive and at the high school." nanami spoke. "i'll be back soon, so please wait there itadori-kun, y/n-ch—" yuji hung up the phone...

"please step aside, ijichi-san." yuji said while holding my hand. "our job is to help others. that includes those who are still students like you two are. i won't make anymore mistakes... you must not go, itadori-kun, y/n-chan." ijichi said with his hands to his side. i looked at him with sympathetic eyes. 'yuji... he doesn't want anything to happened to us... he doesn't want us to die.' i thought to myself. in a split second yuji pulled my hand and we ran past ijichi.

"im really sorry ijichi-san, i promise we'll come back alive." i said while turning back to him. "what are you doing, junpei?!" yuji said while opening the doors. "what is this?" i asked looking at all the students on the floor. "stay out of this, jujutsu sorcerers." junpei said as a jellyfish shikigami appeared behind him.

we chased after him, yuji preparing a punch with cursed energy. "moon dregs" junpei said as the jellyfish blocked his punch. "yuji... our attacks won't work if he's inside of his shikigami-" "i'll say it once more... stay out of this jujutsu sorcerers!" junpei said while cutting me off completely.

"it's none of your business!" he shouted towards us. "that's not something you get to decide!" yuji said while he positioned himself to fight. "what's the point of indiscriminate salvation? don't mistake the valise of a life!" junpei yelled while sending his shikigami to attack me. 'he knows yuji will try to go after me...' my thoughts were cut off when i was trapped in his weird shit (wtf was it a blob?)

"people pretend their emotions are everything, but the heart is just the metabolism of the soul. it's all a delusion. so don't restrict me with rules that are based on a delusion. no one has the right to stop anyone from taking what lives they can. just sleep over there. there's something i have to go back and do." he said coldly. 'he sounds like patch face' and then i passed out.

yuji pov:

"who are you making excuses for?" i said while carrying y/n bridal style. 'this isn't going to be easy... i need her to wake up' i thought to myself as i ran towards junpei. i set y/n down and started punching the jellyfish. i used cursed energy and punched it which sent both junpei and his shikigami flying out the window. "y/n! wake up please!" i said while shaking her. she started opening her eyes and that was my queue to go after junpei.

your pov:

"why are you getting in my way? why?! why?! why?!" he said as his shikigami grew spikes. both yuji and i flew out the window, the jellyfish went to go strike us but we both managed to dodge every attack. as yuji punched the ground with cursed energy i threw one of my throwing knives at junpei which caused it to only rip his sweater. (we weren't aiming to kill dw)

"what are you talking about?" i asked now standing next to yuji. "we don't understand a damn thing you're saying!" yuji said getting into a fighting stance. "you can string together whatever logic you want. you're just trying to convince yourself you're in the right!" yuji said as he ran towards him. 'he's not going to punch junpei... right?' i was wrong.

"yuji!" i shouted as he punched junpei with cursed energy sending him flying back inside the building. i climbed back up and pushed yuji while getting in. "you really punched him..." i said while staring at yuji.

"junpei... i don't know what your motive is, but i'm sure you have a reason why you're doing this. there's always a reason to everything. but is it worth throwing away that life that you have?" i asked while crouching down, i had to keep my distance since i didn't know if he was going to attack or not.