(42) gambling match

two updates in a row, i can do this! hopefully

y/n pov:

"why do we have to change our clothes?" yuji asked as we all changed... well hid the fact that we had uniforms on. (i decided to change y/n's uniform since this is a new arc, she had a white button down under so dw)

 (i decided to change y/n's uniform since this is a new arc, she had a white button down under so dw)

ART ISNT MINE, CREDITS GO TO ORIGINAL OWNER

"it's pretty annoying to be honest." i mumbled while taking off my uniform top and tied it around my waist.

"hakari was suspended because he argued with the higher ups. now he's also violating the jujutsu school rules. if he knows we're affiliated with jujutsu high then he may decide to run away." megumi explained which caused to make an "o" shape with my mouth.

"it's basically cops and robbers." i mumbled as megumi nodded in response.

"quick question though... how do we will cooperate with us? and will he even hear us out?" i asked as we made our way to wherever tf we were going.

"i'm not sure, but i do know that he's an absolute jerk, okkotsu-san did say that hakari is stronger than him." megumi replied. "perfect, he's a dick." i mumbled which caused yuji to chuckle.

"get lost brats, this isn't a place to hang out. imma count to three and when i'm done you better be out of my sight or imma beat the shit out of you, that girl too, you're not safe." a tall blonde buff man said while pointing at us.

what the fuck?

"we need some money, let us participate in the gambling match here." megumi stated. after that the man swung at him but didn't punch him.

"the first rule of the gambling club, 'don't talk about the gambling club' who told you about it? i'll beat you up after you spill it out." he said while holding his fist in front of megumi.

"we don't know his name." i said while glaring at the guy. "yeah, cause i killed him." he replied causing me to raise a brow.

"about a month ago, there was a crappy fighter who only acted tough right?

i'll fight in his place, or shall i just beat your ass in front of your boss?" megumi asked calmly.

things started to make sense and i could tell yuji had caught on since he stayed quiet.

"that's enough, boss gave permission. we're going to put this guy in the seeded position. however, he'll be the one to fight." the man in the suit spoke.

why yuji?

"hell no, i'll be the one to fight." megumi spoke again. what the fuck am i suppose to do? we didn't even talk about my role or any of this...

"boss said he doesn't like you, if you don't agree then forget about the deal." the man stated with a smirk.

"we accept." i said while placing a hand on megumi's shoulder.

"fushiguro-san isn't this dangerous? we're pushing the bluff a bit far." yuji said with a panicked look on his face. "not really, of the curse users are participating also then there must be a lot of reorganizing the draw." megumi stated.

"he's here no? pretty sure he used the security cameras to watch us." i said which caused megumi to nod.

"itadori, you participate in the match and investigate what's going on from inside, it's about a 50/50 chance of y/n and i getting in but in the meantime i'll try to infiltrate the parking lot."

"50/50?"

"what am i suppose to do then?" both yuji and i asked at the same time.

"they're suspicious of me and since you butted in a bit then they might suspect you as well, y/n. if we get caught then i'll get screwed since there's that lack of trust, then we won't even have chance to meet hakari." megumi stated.

"if that happens then we'll beat them up." yuji said with a small smile. "that will be our last resort."

"we're almost there, so itadori you make your way to where you have to go. y/n and i will go to the parking lot" megumi said while tugging on my wrist. "good luck yuji!" i cheered as we went out separate ways.

"oh there you are. fushiguro, l/n."

"panda-senpai." megumi mumbled. "he said we would go to the parking lot and like 500 mosquitoes bit me..." i said while side eyeing megumi.

"how cruel, anyways. itadori can get close to hakari." panda stated. "why haven't you been able to meet him?" i asked curiously. "well i don't know, where he is. he's always in the monitoring room of the roof, but i can't get close to him." he explained.

"can't get close?" megumi asked.

"yeah, after i get to the roof and try to approach the room's door, the distance between the door and myself refuses to change. no matter if i walk or run it just doesn't work. it feels similar to gojo's cursed technique. it could be similar to kirara's cursed technique but i could be wrong."

"kirara?" i asked.

"yes, a man." panda replied.

"does that occur only when kirara is in the room?" megumi asked. "i don't know, hakari and kirara are always together. it'll be hard, the issue is his willingness to join, not itadori's persuasion skills. it's also up to time." panda stated.

"once yuji gets in the room, we should infiltrate the parking just as we had planned and swiftly but steadily gain control over it and panda-senpai can block the door so that we can have time talk." i said while looking at both megumi and panda.

"but—"

"we don't kill them, we'll just knock them out." i stated calmly.

"there's security cameras though, if they're negotiating in the monitoring room then there's no way we'll go unnoticed." megumi mumbled.

"l/n-san could use her technique no? you move quick enough that people can't see it." panda said.

"yeah but i'm pretty sure hakari would notice if someone disappeared suddenly, so i don't think it's of much use." i said with a small frown.

"i know the locations and the blind spots of all the cameras so don't worry about that. it won't be that much of a problem if they see us. though, hakari and kirara are the only decent sorcerers." panda said.

"how many guards are there?" megumi asked.

"about 4 at the entrance and 2 on each floor minus the roof."

"this could actually work out." i said with a hand on my hip. "our biggest concern is kirara's cursed technique, it can't be helped if kirara can use something like warping to move itadori out or put their comrades inside... let's give up on trying to persuade hakari." megumi stated.

"so let's get started." i smiled at both panda and megumi.