(39) the culling game

sorry for the long ass wait but here's a long chapter for you <3

tw: thoughts of death (a bit) if this triggers you than please skip, i will be warning you before the part actually starts.

y/n pov:

"y/n... y/n... y/n!"

it was dark, but in the distance stood a large white door, this always happens in movies, you walk through the door and die in the real world. but that voice is familiar... too familiar.

"mom?"

"you're not dead... not yet at least." she said while smiling at me. "what happened that day? when i came back you two were..."

"kenjaku did it, we thought we kept you and your talents hidden well but we were wrong. he wants you se-"

"sealed..." i said while finishing her sentence. "he ended up sealing someone else, they're sealed because of me, so many people died mom, my friends, the people i trusted, the ones who believed in me... they're gone." i sobbed.

"and i had to find out about my clan through sukuna, you hurt me more by keeping things from me, though i guess it's understandable since you guys only wanted to keep me safe."

"we did, that's all we ever wanted, and we're sorry." she said while grabbing my face. "but you have to go back, since gojo satoru is sealed it's your job to get him out, there's one more technique that hasn't be woken up yet."

"wait howd you know it was satoru-"

"y/n!"

right after my eyes shot open as i gasped for air.

i'm alive... another technique? how did she know about satoru?

"yuji?"

"i just woke up too."

slowly we turn to look at the person sitting in front of us... okkotsu yuta.

"what a relief!" yuta said while laughing a bit.

"huh? you nearly kill us and now you're glad we're back?" i said as my right eye started twitching

"listen, i think it was around september that gojo-sensei came to see me. he told me to watch over you two because he 'had a bad feeling' in conclusion i decided to volunteer to execute you two. but the higher ups are smart so i had to enter a biding vow to kill you two. so you were actually dead, for that i apologize." yuta said while scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"how are back than?" yuji asked while sweat dropping.

"reverse cursed technique. i used it on you but l/n-san used it on her own, i'm assuming her body just doesn't let her die?" he said while looking my way to which i shrugged.

"why are you doing this?" yuji asked yuta.

"simple, you two are important to people who are important to me." yuta responded while making eye contact with me.

(this is wear it starts so again, if you get triggered please skip.)

"im tired." i said while laying back down. i'm tired of everything, curses, evil, having to pick sides... i'm tired of it all. i thought as i felt a tear fall down my cheek. don't fucking cry now.