(41) more about the culling game

you don't have to read this but i want to start off by apologizing once again for not updating on time, testing has been kicking my ass so i haven't been able to update. second, i really never expected this to get reads of ANY sort but i came back and saw that it's at 80k reads and i literally can't thank you guys enough. it's crazy to me how i started off with like 2-10 reads and now it's here. you guys are really the only reason why i'm updating, you're motivating to do so so thank you so much ily all (><)

y/n pov:

"she can extinguish cursed techniques?" megumi asked confusedly.

"correct, the angel's cursed technique can open the "back" of this prison realm." master tengen confirmed.

"so where is she now?" i asked while staring at them curiously. "the colony in the east of tokyo, the game barriers reject me so that's all i know.

"i'll begin my explanation there. there are ten colonies around japan, they are connected by barriers that form a line that sends humans in japan to the other side."

so you could can get some better understanding ^

"is hokkaido not included because of the jujutsu society barrier?" yuki asked with her hand on her chin. "correct, it has already been established as a vast sacred area." said master tengen.

"well that's the rugged lands for you..." yuji mumbled.

"conveyance to the other side may sound exaggerated but a curse fell on everyone in japan as preparation for a merger."

"wait, so how long will it take for the ritual to be completed?" i asked them.

"that depends on the game but two months should be enough." they responded again.

1
after awakening a cursed technique, players must declare their participation in the culling game at a colony of their choice within 19 days

"right now it's 9 am on november 9th." maki stated causing me to turn to her. "the player sorcerers awakened at midnight on october 31st..." yuta said while looking down at me.

"so tsumiki has about ten days and 15 hours to declare her participation in the culling game." megumi said while glaring at the ground.

2
any player who breaks the previous rule shall be subject to cursed technique removal

"that is correct." master tengen said. "master tengen, you said that refusing to participate results in death." megumi said.

"wouldn't that mean that sorcerers like maki aren't at risk?" to which maki nodded at my statement.

3
non players who enter the colony barrier become players at the moment of entry and shall be considered to have declared participation in the culling game

"so what about the civilians who are already inside a barrier?" yuji asked.

"they'll be given at least one chance to exit." master tengen stated. "really? how generous." i mumbled sarcastically.

"there's no rule about entering or exiting colonies. from the start players receive the clear objective of exiting barriers. i assume that is for stimulating the game. in order to confine the players, the premise that they entered of their own free will is important." master tengen continued.

4
players score points by ending the lives of other players

5
points are determined by the game master and indicate the value of a player's life. as a general rule, sorcerers are worth 5 points and non-sorcerers are worth 1

"'as general rule' seems a bit vague no?" yuji mumbled. "what about the game master?" megumi asked.

"each player receives a shikigami called a kogane."

"huh?"

"you're really struggling huh?" i asked yuji with a small smile to which he slowly nodded.

6
excluding the point value of a player's own life, players may expend 100 points to negotiate with the game master to add one new rule to the culling game

"add?" yuki asked.

"is there any way to subtract rules that already exist?" yuji also asked. "maybe, but there could be a way to counteract rules." megumi followed.

7
in accordance with the previous rule, the game master must accept any proposed new rule unless it has a marked and long lasting effect on the culling game

"is that fair?" choso asked. "well yeah, it gives then game master a lot of leeway." maki responded. "actually, you may expect an equitable decision. the players are subject to strict rules. sorcery wise, kenjaku is due no further bias." said master tengen.

8
is a player's score remains the same for 19 days, that player shall be subject to cursed technique removal

"i have to kill people again..." yuji mumbled causing me to frown a bit. "no, i have a few ideas." megumi said under his breath.

"well that's all the info we got, now we have a role to play. yuki and choso will remain here to guard master tengen, and i'll return to the zen'in clan and collect cursed tools. soon after gojo was sealed the kamo and zen'in clans cleaned out jujutsu high's cursed warehouse. but megumi is now the zen'in clan's leader." maki stated.

"you're what??" i said while looking over at megumi just to see yuji sharing the same expression as i.

"i'll explain later." megumi said with a small pout.

"afterwards i'll find panda and help address the game to him, what about you yuta?" maki asked.

"im going to enter a colony right away to take part in the game. before tsumiki, fushiguro, and the others participate, i want to gather information. i'll avoid nearby colonies so we don't end up killing each other, and just incase something happens to tsumiki." yuta said which caused me squeeze his hand a bit, we only just met yet i don't want him to leave.

"barriers may block phone reception so we may be out of touch for a while." megumi said which caused me to tighten the grip on yuta's hand.

"y/n, megumi, and itadori. you guys go to kinji as planned." maki ordered. "kinji?" i asked yuta.

"hakari kinji a suspended third year." he said which caused my eyes to widen a bit. "we're short handed so we gotta rope in whoever we can." maki said.

"is he scary?" yuji asked.

"well he could a bit moody. but when he gets worked up, he's stronger than me." yuta said with a smile. "that's not true." maki mumbled.

with that we made our way out.

"choso." yuji said which caused me to turn back a bit in curiosity. "i appreciate the help, thank you." yuji said with a smile. "don't die okay?" choso said while smiling back to which yuji nodded and followed us.

"are you crying?" i heard yuki ask choso followed by sniffling before the door closed.