Chapter 20: One Last Surprise

Love Is Blind (Eyeless Jack x Reader)

~Jack's POV~

WHAM!

Jack slammed into Jeff's side, knocking him back into a nearby kitchen counter and causing him to narrowly miss his aim at (Y/n) with his knife throw.

"Fuck . . . " Jeff rasped out as he temporarily recoiled. He looked back up with a taunting smile. "You made me miss the bitch."

Jack snarled at the insult, which gave Jeff the opportunity to use the counter as a backboard and kick Jack square in his stomach. Jack grunted, taking a few steps back from the blow to regain his balance. Not a moment had passed, though, before his eyes widened and his legs instinctively jumped back, barely managing to avoid being slashed across the chest with a knife.

Of course Jeff would carry an extra knife on him. That's just great, Jack sarcastically ranted to himself.

Jeff then yelled as he swung the knife down towards Jack's head with both hands. As a reaction, Jack quickly grabbed onto Jeff's wrists, using his strength to prevent the sharp tip of the blade from reaching his cheek. Jack lowered his gaze to glare down at Jeff. As they made eye contact, a smirk flashed on Jeff's face.

Before Jack could ask him what the hell was so funny, he felt the pressure of his resistance vanish. Jeff suddenly pulled him into a headbutt, making Jack see stars. Jack instinctively brought his hands up to nurse the pain throbbing in his head. The impact also caused him to stumble back and trip over the corpses of (Y/n)'s parents. Jack spared a quick glance at the bodies.

Damn, I wish I could've been the one who killed them . . .

A quick flash of light from Jeff's knife brought Jack's attention back to the battle at hand. Jack reflexively rolled onto his side to avoid the attack but was too slow as the cold blade sliced through his fabric and skin, leaving a long, thin trail of black, oozy blood along his back.

Jack inhaled sharply from the sudden heat spreading across his skin as he heard a chuckle erupt from Jeff.

"Not much of a screamer, huh? Not that I mind; I'm sure that little girlfriend of yours would make up for it."

That's it. Jack growled and nimbly swung his leg over and across Jeff's face with the anger that had been building inside him. The impact emitted a satisfying crack that brought a small smile to Jack's face. Just as fast as he delivered the blow, Jack wasted no time in pinning Jeff to the floor and wrestling the knife out of his grasp. After a moment of struggling, the knife flew out of their reach, clattering across the nearby kitchen floor.

"Heh, that ticked you off, did it?" Jeff started as he was trying yet failing to push Jack off. "I don't know what I find funnier: the fact that you're fighting for a human or the fact that you probably even believed she would ever love something like you."

"Shut up," Jack commanded, his voice dangerously low.

Jeff continued to laugh and taunt. He didn't seem to care that he wasn't able to lift even one arm from off the ground. "She sure as hell wouldn't love you now; her life is basically over."

"Shut. Up." Jack warned one last time, his hands tightening and squeezing against Jeff's wrists.

Jeff winced a bit yet continued on with his antics. "And even if she did live, what makes you think that she would want to even talk to you now that she knows the truth? That you're a lying killer, a monster who's just doomed them-"

"Shut up!" Jack shouted over Jeff's words. He could feel the black tar-like substance starting to leak out heavily from his eye sockets as he lifted and slammed Jeff against the floor once, twice, and then another until a new stain of crimson emerged from Jeff's skull. Jack's anger didn't seem to subside, though; he wanted to get rid of that stupid smile perpetually carved into Jeff's face.