Chapter 9: Meeting Someone New

­­Love Is Blind (Eyeless Jack x Reader)

~Your POV~

Your head throbbed with pain, so you instinctively reached your hand to soothe the source.

Ow, what did I hit? Felt like I ran straight into a tree or something. Well, I guess that's​ what happens when you run out in the middle of the woods blind and crying.

You sniffed and tried wiping the last bit of tears off your face. However, you froze once you heard a groan . . .

"Ugh. What the hell?" someone muttered ahead of you. You could hear them get up from the ground. It sounded like some guy? The fact that some stranger was out here in the woods with you caused you to panic.

Why is some dude just here? No one around goes out in the forest except for me.

You froze out of fear and hoped desperately he would just go away.

~ Jack's POV~

"Ugh. What the hell?" Jack had no idea what just happened and rose to his feet. It was then that he realized that he had been caught.

Instinctively, he reached for his scalpel in his pocket and scanned for his victim. It wasn't long for him to see where they were located. It was just some girl. But she wasn't screaming in terror from his appearance . . .

Why?

All his previous victims had more of an . . . extreme reaction upon seeing him. On closer inspection, Jack could even see her face covered in bruises . . . How peculiar.

Wait, was she . . . blind? It seemed like she was staring straight at him, but her eyes were different . . . A bit foggy, too. Jack had never encountered a blind person before, so he didn't know what to do about her. Curiosity took over, and he decided to casually approach her.

~Your POV~

Crunch. Crunch.

W–was he making his way to you?! There was nothing that you could do except sit there in silent fear. You could hear him walk up to you and kneel in front of your face. You made out a . . . blue blur?

Wait, blue? Now I'm seeing colors that aren't supposed to even be there. Great.

"You're blind, aren't you?"

You tensed up from his sudden question. Was it obvious? You didn't really know how your eyes even looked like at the moment, so you had no idea how noticeable it was that something was off. You didn't want anyone to know that you were blind, though. If word got out and people knew, your parents would kill you for exposing how horrible they really were.

You shook your head, but you knew you weren't convincing. He chuckled at your response, sending a slight chill down your spine. Something about him made you feel unsettled. You saw some movement made by him, but you didn't know exactly what.

"How many fingers am I holding up then?"

Shoot, he's got me there. Still, you decided to play along. "Three." Three's a common number to choose, right?

"Wrong. It's two."

Great. You looked down in embarrassment and shame. Now what? He had you completely cornered. A few tears started to emerge, and you could feel them drop on your hand. "Was it that obvious?" you squeaked out, feeling pathetic.

You then felt yourself get lifted to your feet. "Wha–? What are you doing?" You gripped at his sleeve to keep you balanced.

"Helping you? It's pretty late out. I think you should be home and not running blindly out in the woods."