Chapter 4: Getting Settled

Love Is Blind (Eyeless Jack x Reader)

~Jack's POV~

The only noise Jack heard resonating throughout the forest was the sound of leaves crunching beneath his feet as he made his way to his new location, not bothering to stay silent. He had a map in his hands and a couple of large duffel bags over his shoulders, which contained all his needed belongings for his small "vacation." According to the map, he wasn't too far off from the cabin Slenderman had arranged for him. Slenderman had told Jack that he would be staying there alone for a few weeks unless instructed otherwise.

Jack had been walking for what felt like an awfully extended hour and was starting to get a bit bored and tired from his lengthy expedition. The least Slenderman could've done was teleport him to the cabin! He figured that this was also part of his little punishment.

Jack just sighed and shrugged it off; it didn't really matter to him if it was a small part of his punishment. In any case, it gave him the opportunity to familiarize himself with his surroundings. And, not only that, but it also gave him some peace of mind, letting his thoughts wander to no place in particular with the tranquility of the woods, something he secretly liked doing back at the mansion.

Eventually, Jack was able to locate the cabin, spotting its wooden frame in the distance. As he got closer, he began inspecting its condition. Overall, it looked old, worn down, and completely deserted for what seemed like a decade.

Hopefully, the inside will be better . . . Jack thought as he found the entrance to the cabin, firmly pushing the front door open. He was pleased to see that the inside did indeed look much more kept.

As he stood at the entrance of the doorway, examining the interior, the first thing he took note of was a decent-sized kitchen, of which was accompanied by a small dining area that consisted of a wooden table with two chairs on both sides. The kitchen contained a single fridge, perfect for storing a week's worth of organs. Positioned adjacent to the fridge were two countertops and a sink.

To his right sat the living room. To his surprise, it contained a hefty sofa, a medium-sized television perched in front of it, and a large maroon rug lying beneath a round coffee table. Jack guessed that Slender had set up the television should he ever grow weary of his solitude. He was somewhat grateful for the generosity, but he didn't really care since he much preferred reading to mindlessly gazing at a screen.

Because the cabin had been vacant for years, dust blanketed every surface. Jack sighed. He knew that he would have to tidy up the place at some point, but he didn't want to. Maybe later . . . or never. It's not like he was going to have any "friends" over. It was just going to be him and the cabin. Alone.

Now that he thought about it, it felt like everything was about to grow so utterly dull and boring without the residents of the Slender mansion constantly fooling around. That television setup was looking more and more appealing . . . But this is what he wanted, right? The opportunity to finally relax and do whatever he wanted in peace . . .

Right?

Jack stopped himself from thinking so much about the mansion—about how silent everything was going to be—and walked straight into the living room. He approached the coffee table and dumped his supply bags on top of it. Jack then started roaming around, searching for the rooms, curious about the state of condition they would be in. He found a hallway that led to two bedrooms and a bathroom and figured he could dedicate one of the bedrooms to being his lab and sleep in the other bedroom.

Both rooms, unfortunately, were also covered in a thin layer of dust, so Jack would have to clean a bit after all . . . Sighing, he returned to the living room, seizing his duffel bags by their straps.

Looks like it's time to get unpacking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N): Ehhh sorry for the short chapter. I kinda lost some inspiration. BUT WORRY NOT! chapter 5 will be better!!! Until next time, my readers :P