Chapter 11: The First Visit

­­Love Is Blind (Eyeless Jack x Reader)

Side note: (Y/f/b) - your favorite book

~Your POV~

You felt miserable that you couldn't venture out in the woods anymore. Well, only if you really wanted to be lost in them with no sure way of returning home . . .

The more you thought about it, the more the thought of being lost didn't sound so bad to you, considering the parents you had were awful and would probably rejoice that their only child was as good as gone.

Maybe you'd be happy that you're gone, too . . .

You shook your head to rid yourself of the pointless "what if" scenarios racing through your mind. What was done was done. You would never be able to just change how things were to your liking. You just had to accept fate as it was, even though it seemed to never be in your favor . . .

Feeling defeated, you slunk back to your room before your parents came home. You congratulated yourself for, once again, managing to maneuver the ladder without hitting your head on the ceiling.

You sprawled yourself out on your mattress with a great sigh, completely bored out of your mind. You turned your head to the side where your small bookshelf sat. You were going to miss reading, too. The stories you used to read were remarkable, transporting you into marvelous worlds with opportunities you would have never gotten to experience yourself. You especially loved fiction and admired how the protagonist could always find a way out of a horrible situation with the friends they had made along the way.

You thought back fondly to the first time Lily lent you a novel to read. It was called (y/f/b), and it was even the first book to ever adorn your teensy bookshelf. Back then, you found reading extremely boring as your only exposure to it was through required class materials. But Lily was just so enthusiastic about this particular story that you ultimately decided to read it, and you were so enthralled that you couldn't put it down. Since then, you'd only managed to collect a handful of books, but you still cherished each and every one of them.

Time passed by slowly to you. You stared at the ceiling, your only source of entertainment being scouting for shapes in the stippled plaster.

So, this is how it feels to be bored to death.

You were about to drift to sleep when you heard a light "tink-ing" noise that sounded like it came from the window by your bed. Thinking perhaps it was all in your head, you sat still and waited to see if the sound might come again.

Tink.

There it was, but a bit louder this time . . . You sat up. What the heck was that?

You tried peering through your window, but it was getting too dark for you to make out anything, especially with your eyesight.

Before you intelligently surmised that it was just the rickety old house making those strange noises, the window abruptly swung open from the outside, and a dark figure swiftly slinked through it. You stumbled back on your feet, and, without thinking, you closed your eyes and let your fist fly towards the intruder at full force.

The intruder immediately caught your wrist with little effort. You tensed and froze in your position.

"(Y/n), it's me. Jack."

Ah, that voice. It definitely sounded familiar. You slowly opened your eyes to take a peek at the sudden 'visitor.' He still wore the same black jacket and dark pants you saw when you first ran into him. You could even manage to make out some strands of dark brown hair poking out from his hood, which he'd donned to hide his face. Everything was pretty much the same about Jack, except for the fact you didn't see any kind of blue on him like last time . . .