Chapter 12: Returning "Home"

­­Love Is Blind (Eyeless Jack x Reader)

~Jack's POV~

Jack walked through the forest to his cabin, thinking about all the things that just happened. He found himself mostly assessing (Y/n)'s situation.

So she's severely blind, but not entirely . . . yet.

He had a feeling that, without proper treatment for her eyes, she would become completely blind sooner or later, but there's no way she could even get that treatment with the parents she has. And she has no one to go to for help anymore what with her friend being gone.

Man, she really does have nothing . . .

But . . . out of everything that happened that night, there was one thing that Jack couldn't believe.

Did did I really try to comfort her? In all his years of being a killer, he had never shown any kind of mercy or remorse towards anyone. But she was just so different from any other victim he'd encountered . . .

For starters, she didn't have a single clue as to what was going on or what he truly was, giving Jack the freedom to actually have one-on-one interactions with a human. And she was pretty feisty for someone who was supposed to be helpless. Not only could she maneuver everything by herself despite her blindness, she even went as far as to try and almost successfully, might he add punching him in the face! She was a fighter . . . something Jack kinda admired about her.

As he neared the cabin, Jack could sense something was off. He continued walking, cautiously and more slowly now. He eyed the cabin and briefly caught a glimpse of a dark figure moving inside through the window. Jack pulled out his scalpel and put on his mask. Whoever decided to snoop around in his cabin just made a huge mistake. Jack approached the door and kicked it open, intending to startle the trespasser enough to take them out by surprise.

Wait, what?

Before Jack's killer instincts took over, he realized that the foolish and utterly senseless intruder was Masky, one of the dimwit proxies who got him kicked out of the mansion in the first place, along with another one of Slender's "attendants," Hoody. They both stared at Jack unfazed as he stood in the doorway. The proxies never seemed to go out alone . . .

The wimps.

Hoody was sitting on the couch; he titled his head back as a way of saying "sup" to Jack. Masky was standing by the couch with his arms crossed over his chest. They looked like they had been waiting for him to return to the cabin for a while.

"What're you guys doing here?" Jack questioned while struggling to put his scalpel away without damaging the book (Y/n) had given him and without alerting the proxies to its presence.

"Uh, waiting for you. Where were you? We've been waiting here for at least an hour!" Masky complained. However, he didn't give Jack the chance to explain. "Anyway, Slenderman wants you back at the mansion now. He figured you had enough time out here alone, so we're here to help you move." Masky pointed at Hoody who then half waved at Jack and got up from the couch.

Great. Just when I was starting to enjoy being out here, I have to go back to that hellhole.

Jack sighed. There was no use in going against Slender's orders . . . The smart choice was just to comply and return to the mansion. Besides, Jack had all his stuff there, and there was something there he wanted to get for (Y/n) . . .

* * * * * * * * * *

Masky and Hoody entered the mansion first with a couple of bags. After dropping them off in the living room, they headed to Slenderman's office, probably to inform him that they had successfully returned, leaving Jack to fend for himself.