Chapter 13: The Gift

­­Love Is Blind (Eyeless Jack x Reader)

Side note: lots of cursing in this one.

Also (y/f/s) - your favorite song

You stirred out of sleep as the sunlight started to shine through your window and onto your face. Groaning, you slowly opened your eyes and let a small yawn escape your lips. You stretched your arms out over your head and stared off into the ceiling.

Well, last night was . . . nice, you thought to yourself. Okay, correction, it was very enjoyable to have Jack over. A tired smile started to slowly form on your face while you reminisced about the events that took place last night.

Even though you knew him for only a few days, you admittedly liked him. He was kind to you and was really the only one who seemed to be there for you. You could tell he cared a little bit about you. After all, he did offer you help multiple times since you've met him. You were still a bit reluctant in accepting his help, though; you've never really had someone go out of their way for you . . . It's only been you looking out for yourself.

A growl from your stomach suddenly interrupted your thoughts.

Ah, guess I better go make me some breakfast.

You groggily lifted yourself off the mattress on the floor and quickly changed your clothes for the day before heading down into the kitchen. You decided to go for a change and wear some of the clothes Lily bought you. The outfit you picked out was that of a long-sleeved turquoise sweater and a pair of black jeggings. Simple, yes, but definitely comfortable. You kind of felt pretty for once, too.

You slowly went down the ladder, not yet entirely sure if either of your parents were here today. You looked around the house and found yourself to be the only one there. They must be out again. Not that you were complaining, though; as long as you weren't in their way, everything should be fine.

Okaay . . . you thought as you opened the fridge door. We should have eggs in here somewhere. You ran your hands through various food products as you tried to locate the egg carton. Aha! Found 'em.

You removed the carton out of the fridge and placed it on the counter. You then turned the stove on and placed a pan over it, waiting for it to heat up.

Okay, (Y/n). You took an egg out of the carton and carefully held it over the edge of the pan. You've done this a thousand times before. Nothing new . . . It's not like you've gone blind or anything.

You cracked the egg into the pan and heard it sizzle. You did the same with another egg and began to scramble them with a spatula. When the eggs were done cooking, you turned off the stove and tilted them over a plate. Some of the eggs missed their target, but you quickly scooped them back onto the dish, playing by the ten second rule.

You took a bite of the eggs, happy with how they turned out. That is . . . until you bit into a piece of shell that somehow managed to get into them. You sighed to yourself but continued eating.

Not the most perfect plate of scrambled eggs I've ever made, but a good attempt, I guess.

You took your now empty plate over to the sink and realized that it was full of other dirty dishes. Guess it was time to do them again . . .

You rolled up your sleeves and started washing the dishes, which was gross to say the least. Since you couldn't quite see if the plates or bowls were completely clean, you had to scan the dishes with the tips of your fingers to determine whether or not they still had any kind of grime or food attached to the surface.