chapter 15

XAVIER’S POV

My heart broke, everything I thought was right was now so wrong and now all I wanted to do was run.

‘No! She needs us!’

‘She doesn’t want us! Didn’t you just hear her?!’

I ran and didn’t look back, if she didn’t want us then I wasn’t going to force her to and give her, her space.

I was just leaving our house when I felt a sharp pain in my chest like someone had dug a knife into my heart and twisted it.

‘She’s in trouble!’

The pain was so intense that I dropped down to my knees, struggling to take a deep breath. It wasn’t until I was about to pass out that it went away and I took off running.

When I arrived where I last left her, she was gone. I tried to sniff her out, but there so m any scents rolled into one that it was difficult to distinguish one from another, especially since Emma’s sent could easily change because of the bleach she used to scrub herself.

Then something caught my eye, it was hanging from the swing she was on earlier and I ran over, picking it up.

‘It’s her dress!’

It was torn and dirty, but there was only one scent I recognized the most. 

‘It can’t be she was in trouble!’

‘No, she was just…’

‘No!’

At that point I shoved my wolf aside. I couldn’t do it, my heart was broken. How could so do this, after everything she said to me?

XANDER’S POV

I was just walking back from my house when I saw Luke by the tree house. I stepped forward when he turned and smirked at me walking away, but not before placing something on the swing Emma was known to be at when she wanted to be alone.

‘He got her.’

“What’s wrong baby?”

I snapped my head down to my mate and pulled away.

“Go back to the party I forgot to get something, I’ll be right back.”

I didn’t wait for her protest or questions and took off running towards where Luke had just been. My heart was pounding against my chest.

Please let me be wrong…please let me be wrong… please let me be wrong.

As soon as I got to the swing, my heart stopped. Her scent was faint, but it was here and her dress was hanging from the swing, torn and dirty.

“No! EMMA!”

I went up to the tree house, but she wasn’t there, so I took off running toward her scent that I knew I could only pick up.

It wasn’t until I came to her house that I saw her in her bed crying.

“Baby girl?”

“Go away.”

“Where Xavier?”

She didn’t answer she just cried, pulling the covers over her.

“Where is he?”

“Gone.”

“What do you mean…?”

“GONE... He’s gone!”

I took off my shoes and opened up the covers to lay next to her when I saw her skin was redder than usual. That’s when I noticed that she had taken a shower, but this time there were claw marks along the side of hips.