chapter 37

TREVOR’S POV

I was talking to Mr. DeSantos and the elders about what my plans were with Emma when I felt my heart ache. I clenched my chest with me hand over my heart and grunted.

“Trevor, what is it/”

I shook my head and tried to steady my breathing.

‘MATE!’

Then it stopped and I was able to breathe again.

“What happened?”

“Nothing, I’m fine.”

I took another deep breath and shook myself a little.

“I’m sorry, what were you saying?”

I looked at her grandfather who was now wearing a frown on his face.

“Where is she?”

“Upstairs taking a shower.”

He then ran up and I ran after him.

“Sir, please, she’s fine.”

He turned to me and went into her room, sniffing then relaxed.

“Sir…”

“You mated.”

“Yes, but let me…”

Before I said another word Emma came out sporting hand marks on bother her wrists and red skin. My eyes widened what had she done?

“You forced her?! Did you not listen to ANYTHING I SAID?!”

His wolf was on the verge of ripping my head off when Emma’s hand circled its way around his shoulder.

“Papa, calm down.”

My heart clenched at how cracked and scratchy her voice was. He turned around and shook his head.

“My sweet, sweet girl.”

He pulled her into his arms and let her burry herself into his chest. My wolf growled making her grandfather look down at me.

“Get out.”

“I can’t do that Sir, she has to tell me.”

He then looked at her, but she just looked away with a faint whimper.

“Shhh… It’s okay, it’s okay, I’m right here.”

He picked her up and it took everything in me not to run to her and pull her away from him, especially since she was just in a towel.

He scratched her head and rocked her as she kept her face hidden from me, but I knew she was crying.

“How could you? After everything I told you…”

“It had to be done Si; she was trying to kill the baby.”

He gasped and looked down at her, but she wouldn’t look at him.

“I couldn’t control my wolf, it just seemed like it was the only way.”

He nodded as he kept looking down at her.

“Oh baby girl, this wasn’t supposed to be this way.”

I wanna go home, please, take me home.”

My heart felt the natural pain of a mate not willing to try and I turned away, leaving.

EMMA’S POV

“Please Papa, please.”

“Oh baby girl you know I would do anything so you can. I wish that I could tell you that you could but you can’t. You need to stay here with Trevor or you or the baby will never survive.”