chapter 27

Chapter Twenty-Seven

ANTONIO’S POV

She walked out of my life holding my heart in her hands and she didn’t even know it.

“Everything alright? You’ve been up here for quite some time.”

I nod, but soon my head is shaking as the sorrow begins to takes its toll on me.

“She’s gone dad, she’s gone and I couldn’t stop her.”

“Did you give it to her?”

I nod my head and stand up from the chair I have been sitting down ever since she walked out and I could feel my muscles protest as I make my way over to the window.

“Did she open it?”

“I didn’t ask her too. I couldn’t.”

“Then what was the purpose of giving it to her?”

“I wanted her to have it, to know that there was someone out there that loved her no matter what.”

“You think she’ll come back?”

“I…”

“Who will come back and why are you crying Antonio, are you okay?”

God her voice was so annoying! 

She tries to touch me, but I pull away. Ever since she left and came back I can’t stand her touch, anything that has to do with her except Junior.

“Don’t, you got what you wanted, so if you could just leave me alone?”

“What are you talking about?”

She looked at dad and I could feel her excitement of what I knew she already knew. She was smarter than she looked and I wouldn’t put it past her to find out why Emma had left so suddenly.

EMMA’S POV

I needed to leave, if I stood any longer I knew I would run back into his arms letting him do as he pleased with me, but I couldn’t. He has a life here and as much I tried to stay away, I can’t any longer. My life belonged in California with my family, with my own pack.

“Leaving so soon?”

I kept walking towards the gates, but she somehow manages to run in front of me and stops me in my tracks.

“What is it that you want Farrah?”

“I want to know what you and my fiancé were talking about in there.”

“Go ask him.”

I tried to side step, but one of her little minions stops me.

“We’re not done. I want to know where you are going.”

“Home.”

“Is that here or back in California where your ex-mate and dead baby are?”

Suddenly I feel like my wolf is about to explode out of me, but I hold my ground, the last thing I  wanted her to see is that she has gotten to me, so I smile.

“You’ve done your research, I’m impressed.”

“I like to keep myself informed.”

“Well then you should know better than to mess with me.”

“Please you’re nothing but a washed out wolf that no one wants.”

“Antonio wants me.”

“Not for long.”