chapter 25

Chapter Twenty- Five

EMMA’S POV

“Ready to finally get out of her?”

I nodded as I looked around the room one more time. It looked so empty now, what with all the flowers gone and teddy bears put away in a box, but it wasn’t just the room, it was my heart. I knew I would always have a hollow feeling, but not as much as this. 

Dad asked me again to make sure I wanted to do and I agreed. There was no point in holding onto something that wasn’t meant to be. I couldn’t be attached to someone who didn’t love me the way I loved them. It was obvious that the loss of our daughter wasn’t much of a reason for him to stay by my side, so the only logical thing to do was to let him go and find someone he could be happy with.

The pain that came with breaking a bond was nothing I expected. It was excruciating and the burning sensation against my mark was worse than what was happening to the rest of my body, but once I manage to say the words it was gone. It was over and he was free to go.

I felt a tear roll down my face, but I quickly wiped it away and took a deep breath looking around one last time.

“Let’s go or we’ll be late to the airport.”

I nodded and said one last goodbye to everyone before leaving everyone behind until I was ready to come back.

“So there’s no way to convince you to stay with me?”

I smiled and looked up at him, shaking my head. Antonio has been trying to convince me to live with him until I got on my feet, but I refuse to be someone’s charity case. Thankfully my job was still waiting for me and I still had my apartment so there was no reason to live with him.

“I can still visit you right?”

I nodded

“Good, maybe I’ll get you to start talking again.”

I shrugged, looking back down at my magazine. He left me alone for the rest of the flight and when we arrived I was exhausted. 

“Make you a deal, come stay the night over at the house, I’ll cook you an awesome dinner and then I’ll take you home tomorrow so you can get ready for work the next day.”

I knew he wasn’t going to give up or leave me alone for that matter, so I just agreed. Once at the house I was greeted by his father, his friend Emiliano and his new mate. I smiled, giving them both a hug. When I got to Emiliano, we hugged each other a little too long because I was then pulled away by his mate with a growl. I quickly stepped away around Antonio’s back and hid my face.

“Back off!”

She whimpered and then hid her face against Emiliano’s neck

“Sorry Em, she doesn’t know.”

I nodded and liked up at Antonio who was ready to put her in her place if she kept it up. I pulled down on his shirt, making him turn and looked down at me. I shook my head and gave him a kiss on the cheek making him understand that I was alright and not to harm her. I looked back at Emiliano’s mate and she was not looking a little bit better. I tried to smile and held out my hand to her. She frowned for a bit, but Emiliano whispered something in her ear, making her eyes widen.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry, I didn’t know.”

I laughed, knowing Emiliano told her I didn’t speak and stepped a little further up. She noticed what I wanted and took my hand, shaking it.

“Hi, I’m Reese.”

I smiled and pulled away, stepping back next to Antonio.

“This is Emma.”