chapter 31

Chapter thirty-one

EMMA’S POV

I was up as soon as my stomach started growling. I groaned and heard a chuckle coming from behind me, already knowing who it was and I felt the butterflies in my stomach, especially when he scooted a little closer and wrapped an arm around me.

“Hungry?”

I nodded, but really didn’t want to get up and get anything, I was too warm, but my stomach wouldn’t have any of that.

“Dinner is ready we’re just waiting for you.”

I shook my head and dug my head further into my pillow.

“Love, its Christmas Eve.”

I shook my head again. I didn’t want to go and face them all; I didn’t want to see their stupid happy faces when they saw that Xavier and I were starting to work things out, atleast that’s what I think we’re doing.

“No.”

I know I sounded like a child, but I really didn’t want to go, not when having him wrapped around me like this was so much better. It was then that I realized just how much I missed him so close to me.

“Grandma made her famous pumpkin pie with whipped cream and…”

My stomach growled again, making him laugh. Stupid body of mine for needing it now. He laughed again then pulled off the covers making me shiver.

“I will throw you over my shoulder Emma, don’t make me spank you little girl.”

I suddenly felt a spark of excitement at the idea of his hands making contact with my ass, but me in general.

When I heard his growl coming from the foot of the bed, I smiled. I haven’t heard him do that since our wedding night and just thinking of that night made me ever more excited.

“Emma please I’m trying really hard not to take you right now and claim you as mine again. I want to work this out, have you fall in love with me the right way and make it last.”

I sat up then and looked at him, fluttering my eyes at him.

“Sorry.”

“No, Emma…”

He let out a breath and came over next to me, lifting my chin.

“I’m sorry… for everything. I just want to do this right, for you and for our future and the future of the pack. I want to work on us as husband and wife and as individuals. There is a lot of shit between us and I don’t want that anymore. I want us to talk, understand and help each other out and when that’s all said and done I want to try and have a family.”

I stiffened a little and he looked down shaking his head. He must have felt my wolf right then.

“I know it’s hard, but we’ll get through this together, I promise. Your wolf is just as hurt, but I know that within time you and I will be able to make a family with no problems, okay?”

I nodded as he brought me into his arms and hugged me, holding me close to him.

“I’ve missed this.”

I nodded taking a whiff of his cologne.

“Me too.”

He loosened up a little then pulled away so we could take a good look at each other.

“I wanna kiss you so badly, but I’m not going to.”

I pouted then, making him laugh and rub my lower lip with his thumb.