chapter 17

EMMA’S POV

“How far along?”

“Three to be exact.”

I felt the knot in my throat and nodded, forcing a smile on my face.

“I’ll prescribe you some prenatal vitamins and I’ll see you in a month alright?”

I nodded and took his prescription.

“Thank you.”

I walked out of the office and into the cool air.

“Everything okay?”

I nodded.

“You didn’t have to come with me, I would have been alright.”

Emiliano and I were starting to become friends within a couple of days working together, he confessed to me that he too was a werewolf and Uncle was the Alpha of his pack. Then he smelled the addition that was coming.

“So how long?”

“Three months.”

“Are you going to tell the dad?”

I shook my head, wrapping myself in my jacket; it was really starting to get cold.

“Look I know you never want to talk about…”

“Then don’t talk about it.”

“But…”

God he was never going to let this go.

“I was raped alright?!”

Suddenly his eyes went wide and I just shook my head as tears started streaming down my face.

“He raped me when I was fifteen, when we were on a school trip and I hadn’t seen him in years until three months ago when he turned out to be my sister’s mate and husband to be.”

I heard him breathe in and I looked at him.

“He raped me twice before he married her that weekend.”

“But you told your sister right?”

I nodded

“She married him anyway and the ironic part about all of this is that I turned twenty one that weekend and found my mate who was his brother and my teacher of my old school.”

“Shit Emmie, did he know?”

“Yeah, but I made him promise not to do anything. I thought he really loved me you know and I even married him and mated with him despite that I was scared shitless, but he was just so sweet and charming, I fell for it.”

“You trusted him.”

“Yeah, but then all hell broke loose. He heard me speaking to my sister about what she was planning on doing to make her mate pay for what he had done to me that he misunderstood what I was saying and took it as I didn’t care for him, but it wasn’t like that. I was just trying to get her to forget about everything and be happy. That’s all I ever wanted and that’s why I never told anyone what happened on that trip until now. She’s always been there for me and putting herself second to make me happy and I just couldn’t let her do it again, but Xavier just couldn’t let me explain and left.”

“Coward, did he reject you?”

I took a deep breath and shook my head.

“Might as well because even then Luke got to me again that afternoon and he never came to my rescue. He just left me and now I don’t know who the baby’s father is.”

RunawayOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara