chapter 39

EMMA’S POV

I wasn’t allowed to leave.

UNLESS it was for something pack related or family related.

I missed going outside. I missed the fresh air. I missed talking to anyone, but I only had myself to talk to and the babies.

It has been weeks since I last went outside. The only time the door opened was when one of his guards came in to give me food, my pills or when the doctor came in to check up on me. He was the only one I could speak to and I hated it. I was being isolated for his mistakes not mine. Even my own wolf wasn’t speaking to me.

Except for today, today Vivian came in.

“Emma?”

I looked over at the door, but then looked back out the window, watching everyone take in the warm weather. Spring was in full swing and summer was just around the corner meaning, I’ll be giving birth real soon.

“How’s the baby?”

I slid my legs down and showed her my stomach then brought my legs back against me as much as I could.

“I brought you some catalogs so you can pick out the baby’s room theme and colors.”

I nodded as she let out a sigh and sat in front of me.

“I’m sorry, okay? I know that I yelled at you, but that’s my brother and what hurts him, hurts me. Emma…”

“Leave her alone Vivian.”

I almost jumped out of my seat to hear his voice. It’s been so long since he’s been up here that I almost forgot how he sounded.

Both our heads looked towards his direction and there he was, shirtless, sweating and looking as much as an Alpha as ever, but I looked away just as fast. I could still remember how he looked after he became Alpha. That was probably the only time I was actually out since I too became Luna. I was allowed out only for the purpose of the ceremony. I sighed and looked back out the window not wanting for him to see how my eyes changed color at the thought of his naked… I shook my head, I shouldn’t be thinking like this.

“I was just apologizing.”

“You have nothing to apologize for.”

I wanted to cry as soon as my blood turned ice cold from the words that had just came out of his mouth. I felt the anger straight through my heart, but I quickly blocked him off causing him to growl.

 “DO NOT BLOCK ME!”

I held in my whimper as his command swept over me and quickly brought my wall down.

“Don’t yell at her!”

“I can yell to whomever I want, now leave US!”

She huffed and got up throwing the catalogs on the bed.

“No wonder she hates you.”

“Go!”

As soon as she walked out, I was yanked to my feet. I suppressed another whimper as the force of his hand wrapped around my arm and kept a steady grip.

“Get ready, your family is on their way and I expect you to be on your best behavior.”

He took a hold of my chin with the other hand and stared at me until a tear escaped from the corner of my eye. He slowly let go and got down on his knees, placing his hand on my stomach.

“Hey there, it’s daddy.”

The baby hadn’t kicked since he left me here alone and I wasn’t expecting it to either, but it did making Trevor smile.