Fledgling

Dream is constantly told he needs to relax because of the Multiversal Truce. He can't. That is, until he finds a sick, abandoned fledgling and decides to care for it.

A few weeks go by, and he starts feeling fatigued, feverish, and weak. Not to mention, the bases of his tiny golden wings (gained when he ate the golden apple) are sore and relentlessly itchy. 
When it doesn't fade, he pays Sci a visit.

"I don't understand," Dream sighed wearily.

Sci glanced up from his clipboard. "The answer is actually quite simple. Because you have become more relaxed, your magic has diverted to places where it could be more useful. That's why you have been so fatigued, sore, and itchy, and why those-" he gestured to the guardian's wings, "-have finally been allowed to grow and develop. And from the looks of it, they're not done yet."

Dream glanced behind him to find that, to his shock, his wings had grown to at least three times their size. "Oh, stars..." 

"For this to continue," Sci continued, "you need to be sure you're taking proper care of yourself. You especially need to focus on getting sufficient nourishment—which I can see you haven't—so your magic has fuel and you don't-" 

Dream fell back on the patient cot, unconscious. 

"...black out."