𝐱𝐯. chapter thirteen

my burning gaze set a flame on your skin

✍︎︎
content warning.

separating themselves was a subconscious agreement— a non-spoken decision— between the writer and the actor.

what they didn't speak about was the terms of the agreement.
that's what made them hate each other... as of right now.
what fucking teases they are.

above the bonfire's reach, through the streaky flames, their eyes rekindle as they connect— only for a moment before elle had to look away.

she felt excessively hot; not by her baggy sweatshirt, not by the close proximity of her seat near the edge of the pit, but by drew's longing and darkening gaze.

elle flickers over to the others, how they were conversing and laughing and getting drunk by the alcohol supply. she adverts her eyes back down and into her plastic, red cup— surprised to find she's barely drank anything.

she's getting drunk off his stare.
drowning in his dark seas.
it was getting hard to breathe.

bringing the white rim to her cherry red lips, she slowly sips some liquid courage. her eyes finally connecting with drew's.
this time, she winks.

sometimes, you gotta play it dirty to fight fire with fire.

drew slips a quiet laugh from under his breath, bringing up his beer bottle to flex his arms from his short sleeve, feeling a bit cocky about this game he was clearly winning— until he wasn't.

because as he tips his cold beer into his parched mouth, elle evens out the playing field— accidentally spilling some of her drink, the golden brown liquid drips down her chin and throat until her dainty fingers wipe it off and she licks and sucks them clean. slow and sensual. her actions giving his mind flashbacks of the other night in the bathroom.

he chokes on his drink, startling nick from his conversation to pat on his back. "hey, man, are you good?"

drew nods, coughing into his elbow as his eyes flickering back over to where his star is seated— his ocean-colored irises turning into a new shade; something resembling the absence of color on the seabed floor, where monsters and creatures of the unknown reside.

"i'm gonna go to the bathroom," he states, loudly enough over the others, loudly enough to alert a certain someone.

"alright, let me know if it's clean," nick says, pointing over to the singular light dazzling in the distance.