𝐱𝐱𝐯. chapter twenty three

he knows about their fantasy

drewstarkey ✔︎ posted in the first time in a long time

"drew? aren't you gonna join me on the bed?" derrielle saunters into the hotel bathroom, her hair up in a bun to show off the purple and red lovebites adorning her neck; wearing nothing but her boyfriend's favorite dark blue t-shirt. "oh, i'm sorry, i didn't realize you were on the phone."

"who was that?"

"just the tv," drew lies, smiling at elle as they connect eyes through the less-foggy bathroom mirror. elle tilts her head in curiosity as she slowly makes her way into the room, her legs are so sore so it's strenuous to move. squinting, her eyes search his.

"no, no, i heard your name," the person on the other end says, laughing at the bullshit excuse.

"drew barrymore is on," he lies again, turning around to meet her halfway— knowing for a fact she couldn't nor shouldn't be walking at all.

also, he just wanted to look at his pretty girl.

"who are you talking to?" elle murmurs, reaching out and playing with the low buttons of his flannel.

"don't lie to me joey, is that who i think it is?" 

"okay, lo, why are you calling me?" drew sighs, rolling back his shoulders in annoyance. "why is ma texting me to answer you?"

"lo? as in, your brother, logan?" she mouths, looking up at her beautiful boy.

"it's elle, isn't it?"

"god, no. jeez, why would you think that?" he looks down, nodding profusely to derrielle's question.

"holy shit, it is! " logan starts to laugh hysterically into drew's ear. "bro, you should've never told me your little crushy-crush but, good for you, man."

"jeez, don't remind me," drew scoffs, watching derrielle take the phone out of his hand and raise her finger to press on speakerphone but drew stops her.

"you sure?" he mouths, pushing back some strands of hair back out of her hooded and tired eyes; red and hazy from the crying...

just to be clear, i'm talking about when
she was crying from how good he felt.
and drew gave it to her good.

but if anyone asks, dead poets society is the real reason.

she nods, "he's your brother. he should know."

he smiles at her, appreciating the gesture.
she knows that to him, family is everything. 
god, he doesn't deserve her.

sending drew a reassuring smile, she finishes what she started; putting the phone on for everyone to hear. "hi, logan, you're now on speaker."