𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. chapter fifteen

morning talks

✍︎︎

"nick! nick, please," elle knocks on his trailer door, holding a big bag of candy, some hangover remedies, and some high-end puppy treats for his dog. "i know you're in there! snap-map says you've been here since last night."

well, of course, he has. neither elle nor drew is surprised that he's been in the trailer ever since he saw them post-finish.

poor nick, sweet innocent nick, walked into the dingy-looking bathroom because he was worried about his friends.

turns out, his friends were fine. they were more than fine. so fine, in fact, that they didn't even bother to pull out and away from each other as they made out, their hands permanently on each other's skin—  that is until nick yelled at them.

"oh my god! guys! lock the fucking door!" he shouted, instantly shutting his eyes and exiting.

drew and derrielle didn't know what to do, nick wasn't answering either of them. and when they got back to the fire pit, the group told him that nick had to go home and feed his dog. bullshit lie, but he did cover for them. they just had to make sure he wouldn't say anything in the future.

that's why elle is at his door at the crack of dawn.

suddenly, the trailer door cracks open, revealing a tired nick. his long hair a mess in front of his face, bags under his red eyes, a paw patrol sweatshirt, and some black gym shorts. "derrielle," he sighs, "please, stop yelling, i heard you."

nick looks down at the writer: the girl is wearing a large sweater and light-washed jeans because the mornings are always a bit chilly; her hair up in a disheveled bun, some light love bites on her neck. "you might wanna," he points to the hickies scattered across her skin, "cover those up before breakfast."

"shit," she curses, her chin dropping low to try to cover them from his view. she would've covered her neck with her hands, but they were occupied at the moment.

"did you bring bleach?" he mumbles, squinting a bit at the morning sun shining in his direction. he hates being up this early.

"for what?"

"for my eyes," he states, his voice sharing a dual-tone of sarcasm and seriousness. "i texted drew to get me some bleach, a couple of hours ago, so don't worry about it if you don't have some. i thought he would've told you or whatever. i don't know. i wanted to bleach my eyes for what i saw, but now i realize, i was being a little dramatic." he chuckles to himself, pushing back his hair behind his ears. "but if you do have some, i'll gladly take it."

elle looks at him, lip forming into a pout. "nick, i'm so sorry you saw us like that last night. i brought you some hangover remedies as a token of forgiveness." she lifts up her arms, showing him the goodies she bought earlier this morning.

"this seems more like a bribe," he raises his eyebrow, slightly doubting her reasoning but gladly takes the stuff she bought for him anyway.

"same difference," she bites her lip, worried about what he'll say next. "i just feel really bad."

"i'm not going to tell anyone, i promise, scout's honor." nick dismisses her anxieties instantly, shutting down the possibility of exposure. "just remember to lock the door next time. you guys are lucky it was me who walked in and not someone like rudy or austin, they blab secrets all the time."

elle lets out a flabbergasted laugh, letting go of a breath she didn't know she was holding. "thank you. and, we will, i promise."

"can i go back to sleep now?" nick asks, his head pounding against his brain.

"oh, yes!" she whisper-yells, remembering that it is only six-something in the morning and not even the birds are awake yet. "try to enjoy the rest of your morning, i'll see you later."

✍︎︎

"i'm back!" elle says, yanking off her sweater and pulling down her jeans as soon as she steps inside the dimly lit trailer. she places her "outdoor" clothes on the nearby desk chair and slips on drew's star wars: empire strikes back t-shirt from where she left it. as soon as she finds comfort in the warm fabric, she smirks at the boy wrapped up in blankets.

she quickly tip-toes across the floor and dives into the mattress. elle laughs as drew mumbles in annoyance, his hands reaching out and grabbing her to rest against him.

"you left me," he whines, slightly ripping off the white comforter just to wrap it back around them.

"oh, shush, you big baby," elle scoffs, her hands cold against his hot body. "feel my hands, it's so cold outside."

instantly, he grabs them, trying to transfer some heat to her frozen fingers. "if you wanted to hold my hands, just ask. no need to make me cold." drew teases her, causing derrielle to pull her hands away from his grasp and switch over to the other side— facing away from him.

"who's the baby now?" he questions, placing his hands on her—his—boxer-covered hips. the poor girl is shaking from the change in temperature. it's not, exactly, his fault she went outside. they did a game of rock paper scissors, best outta three. she lost. but he felt guilty. he felt bad for teasing her.

"what did he say?" drew mumbles into the girl's side, reeling her back so that she's flushed against his chest; his hot breath brushing up her neck, pushing away some fly-away hairs to reveal the bruises his teeth had bestowed on her skin.

oh, she's so beautiful.
fuck. he's screwed.

"don't worry about nick, we can trust him." derrielle whispers, feeling her eyelids get heavier and heavier. "he was a bit salty i didn't get him bleach."

"i'll get the bleach," he laughs under his breath, remembering their text conversation. "but don't worry about that, elle. get some sleep."

✍︎︎

fez speaking !!

i hope this is the update
you were all BEGGING me for.
LMAO.

and thank you for 11K OH MY FUCKING GOD.

i love y'all so so so sooo mucho. <333