𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. chapter twenty seven

i know you're a good gamer, so don't play with my heart

✍︎︎
(a/n: this chapter is set in september)

"he's done! pope! that's enough! stop! leave him alone!" madison and rudy scream in character as jonathan pretends to strangle a bloody-mouthed drew.

the high intensity of the scene causes derrielle on the sidelines to have everything in her power not to call off the filming process, worrying about her boyfriend's well-being. she knows it's fake but it is still struggling to see and not do anything about it.

drew coughs up some fake blood as he perfectly portrays rafe becoming exhausted from his fight with jd and the slight asphyxiation caused by his fellow actor.

he falls on the hard cement floor; the camera coming into his fore-view, filming how the blood splatter drips down his tan chin and his teary eyes from the life-threatening produced fear.

derrielle watches from behind the directors' chairs, squeezing her pen as she tries not to look too distraught.

madison's, rudy's and jd's characters run off-screen, finally finishing the fervent and powerful acting.

silence engulfs the room as jonas and josh hold off to the very last second to savor that heated momentum, the sound department adding thunder rumbling and siren sounds to transition into the next scene.

"cut! perfect! guys, that was amazing!" jonas yells, taking off his headset and walking off the black director's chair with an appreciative smile on his face.

"jd that was the best performance i've seen from you," he congratulates daviss on his incredible acting skills before walking over to where drew is slowly starting to get up.

"drew?! you alright?" the director then asks, sensing the scene was too intense and some anxious energy on set.

drew nods, coughing a bit to relive the trapped air in his throat, "i-i'm fine."

he looks over to where his girlfriend stands, locking his blue eyes with her amber ones just for a second to reassure derrielle that he really is okay.

"alright, let's finish your shot and then you're done for the day, okay?" jonas says, patting drew on the arm, as he calls for makeup and costume refiners. "and don't wipe off that blood!"'

✍︎︎

"darling? are you feeling okay?" derrielle asks as she quietly steps into drew's trailer after nick told her that he has been in there for more than a half-hour.