𝐱𝐱𝐢. chapter ninteen

stranger things have happened

✍︎︎

"so i'm your boyfriend now?" drew asks, stuffing his hands inside his back pockets. the harsh wind of the shoreline nipping at his face, making his cheeks and nose red from the windburn. waves crashing behind him, his shoes taking up sand as he walks along the coast; the moon shining bright above the two.

"only if you want to be," elle replies, stopping in front of the boy and turning around so that the wind can finally stop making her eyes so teary.

the coat jacket that he ever so kindly gave to her is wrapped around her shoulder blades and enclasped by one dark button. her fingers red and cold as she holds her heels, the legs and top pieces poking into the bare flesh of her thighs as it sways in front of her.

stepping forward, he reaches up and pushes some flyaways back behind her ear.

nuzzling into his warm but callous palm, she sighs in content as his thumb rubs the apple of her cheekbones.

"i really, really, want to be," drew softly states, bringing up her face as he leans down. his eyes never leaving hers— well only to glimpse down at her plump lips that were caught between her teeth.

"oh, yeah?" she taunts him, her intoxicating fruity perfume wafting in his nose as she leans up on her tippy-toes.

"yeah," he smirks back, his lips hovering over hers. "you wanna be my girlfriend?"

"yeah," derrielle nods, feeling herself connect her lips with his.

he kissed her soft but passionate, worried that she'll disappear under his touch now that she's finally his girl.

she kissed him hard but with a certain tenderness, that was uniquely her. the swarm of butterflies in her abdomen making her mind all fuzzy yet elle swallows her nerves, doubts, and fears, and gives him everything as they exchange an open-mouth kiss.

drew's lips part against derrielle's, his tongue sliding along the velvety seam, seeking an entrance that she's more than happy to grant. his expertise causing absolute havoc; wet and warm as he explores her mouth; deepening the kiss that has elle dropping her shoes into the eroded sand-dune, freeing her hands just to clutch his hips.

sighing through her nose, all she could focus on is him: his intensity like raging fire; his body shielding hers against the harsh wind; his mouth kissing her beyond contempt; his hands.

oh, his big, strong, decorated hands.
how they cup her face like a gentle hug, like he was afraid of never holding her again, like he couldn't believe this night —this exact instance— to be reality.