𝐱𝐱𝐱. chapter twenty eight

birthday present

(a/n: this chapter is set in november; season one wrapped up in october, elle moved back into her old apartment, while drew moved into one with madelyn, chase, and rudy

(a/n: this chapter is set in november; season one wrapped up in october, elle moved back into her old apartment, while drew moved into one with madelyn, chase, and rudy. they've been together 6-7 months.)
✍︎︎
content warning.

when elle entered her apartment bedroom, she was very surprised to find a neatly, gift-wrapped package perched upon her desk. putting down her coffee, her eyes light up as she spots a note with the word 'darling' written on it in her lover's handwriting.

instantly, with a huge grin on her face, elle carefully tears open the letter, her eyes quickly reading the words:

blushing at his kind gesture, the writer's hands fly to the package tied closed in a gold string. carefully unraveling the detailing, she opens the box and tears away the white sleeve shielding the emerald and dark forest colors of the dress she saw in the window back in august— almost three entire months ago.

"holy fucking shit-balls," elle exclaims, her eyes tearing up as a beaming smile begins to plaster on her sweet-looking face. "no fucking way!" rolling her eyes in disbelief, she grabs the dress and raises it in the air, admiring it.

scoffing, she holds the fabric to her healing heart, like a bandaid over uneven stitching, finally after all this time, he was the one who healed her pain; that it was his caring gift that finally fixed it.

"i'm gonna kill that— that tall, cute, kind, funny, handsome motherfucker!" her laugh airy as she realizes what just happened.

suddenly, elle felt sick to her stomach.
with no control over her impulses, she softly throws away the dress on her bed.

her hands shaking from the overwhelming feeling she is enduring— something she promised herself she would never feel again—
but there derrielle is, standing, realizing that in fact, she is in love.

"i'm a fucking idiot in love with another idiot, god kill me now."

✍︎︎