𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. chapter twenty six

summertime shenanigans

✍︎︎(a/n: july and august are passing

✍︎︎
(a/n: july and august are passing. time skips are now in motion. elle and drew have been exclusive for 4-5 months but have only been dating for 1-2.)

"happy birthday to austin! happy birthday to you!" the cast drunkenly sings together as they raise their glasses in the air. austin laughs as his face gets so red, both from the alcohol and the amount of attention he's getting— even as a disney kid, he has never been used to it.

"thanks guys so much for being here!" he toasts his drink into the air as he sends each of his friends an appreciating smile. "it really means a lot and i'm so proud of the work that we've accomplished so far. i wanna thank carrie, laura, craig, and lisa for casting me and for picking wonderful people that i get to call my friends. love you guys."

cheers erupt, followed by many warm hugs and "love you"s surrounding the newly twenty-five-year-old. elle has to tear madelyn off from his back, that's how wine-drunk she is.

"no! lemme hug him a little longer!" she yells, her arms pulling against the base of his neck, practically choking him from behind as elle grips her by the hips.

"stop, mads! let go!" derrielle laughs, shaking her head as she wraps around madelyn's cami-covered stomach.

"drew! help me!" she turns her head over her shoulder, calling out to her boyfriend who is watching it go down from afar— practically laughing his ass off at the sight. "stop laughing! your sister from-another-mister is killing your boy."

"alright, alright," drew chuckles, placing his drink down on the lounge's available pool table. "okay, sis, you gotta let go now," he comes in front of austin, softly grabbing maddie by her crossed wrists and side-eyeing his lover. "or derry has the right to tickle."

"you wouldn't!" maddie laughs, spilling some of her wine as austin rolls her eyes. "it's austy's birthday, i'm hugging him!"

"just get her off me, guys!" the birthday boy says, twisting and turning his body so that he tries to wriggle her off but her grip is just too strong.

"oh yeah?" derrielle taunts into mads' ear, nodding over to drew as she starts to titillate the fake-blonde, causing the girl to immediately release from austin's neck and recoil back to be flushed against derrielle's chest.

"okay! st-stop! i let go! imma pee my pants!" maddie laughs hysterically, hiccupping a bit as the alcohol warms up her throat and cheeks.

"lessons learned," elle says, gently throwing her friend to the side.

✍︎︎

a week later, the group sat around a campfire smoking a fat backwood, in celebration of rudy's twenty-third birthday, american pie playing from the speaker nearby.

it was a conjoined idea by both chase and jd, with their gift for rudy being a surprise visit from malaika. their romance has been budding and blooming into something more over the past few weeks— everyone was focused on them; perfect coverup for drew and derrielle's relationship to fly past the other castmates' noses.

mal coming to charleston was also a surprise for elle, the two friends haven't communicated in a very long time. (especially since kevin fucking feige would literally kill her if she said anything about phase four or about her upcoming show, much less tell her where she is heading.)

madison bailey is the one who brought the weed, bought it from her personal plug-- which everyone is very much thankful for because this week has been extremely tiring, and they needed some kind of substance to rescue them.

"bye-bye miss american pie!" rudy shouts in a sing-songy tune, his arm around the beautiful marvel actress as they sway from side to side to the music.

"brought the chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry!" chase joins in, quickly standing up in triumph and dancing around the burning embers in the pit.

"and them good ol' boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye!" austin joins behind him, forming a high-macarena line and pulls up drew from where he sat on a nearby dead log— which leads the six foot four actor to grab his writer girlfriend by the hand; who then pulls madelyn and lila up; and then everyone pretty much joins in the dance around the flames.

"and they were singin'!" rudy laughs, pausing his route around the firepit in order to give some sort of emphasis on what he was about to do next. "this'll be the day that i die!"

the group freezes, watching him in curiosity and excitement as he pulls mal in by her waist and kisses her with the utmost passion. cheers and whistles erupt in the dark forest, the sparkles casting shadows on the couple's faces, hiding the obvious blush forming on rudy's face.

"holy shit!"
"atta boy!"
"aww!"

✍︎︎

fez speaking!!

i'm so sorry this chapter is so shorter than usual (only 930 words) but i needed to time skip IN ORDER to get to the good parts. this is kinda a filler chapter lolol.

THANK YOU FOR 43K READS <33
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS #1 in WRITER FOR LIKE ONE SEC BUT NOW ITS AT #5, BUT IM STILL THANKFUL FOR IT.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO FUCKING MUCHO.

I'M SO SO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A WHILE BUT I'M BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER BABY!!

(IVE BEEN KINDA BUSY WITH MY OWN ROMANCE
BUT THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT LMFAOo)