𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. chapter sixteen

catch up over coffee?

✍︎︎

it's been about two weeks since derrielle and drew spent intimate time together. keyword: intimate.

it's not like they haven't spoken to each other, they do work with each other and have mutual friends. it's just that every chance drew gets to talk with her— (which is very little considering, hair and makeup workers are bombarding him with finishing touches or the director, jonas pate, comes up to talk with him about the scene) derrielle is surrounded by the other male netflix writers on the show, engrossed in conversation about god-knows-what, or in a meeting with producers, or on a very important phone call with her manager.

the only thing that is keeping him from going absolutely berserk is  the little moments in time where they share glimpses of each other.

maybe if she is feeling hot under his gaze (which is always!) and if she feels as that no one is watching, she'll wink back.
watching drew blush is one of derrielle's favorite pastimes.

but she misses him. dearly.
not just the sex. she's way past that.
she misses his warmth when they cuddle; she misses his teasing and funny comments when they have a conversation; and above all, she misses the way his hands send shivers up her spine from just a single touch of contact.

and undeniable eye contact is starting to get boring.

so why not make this storyline much more interesting? creating drama is what derrielle lives and breathes for. too much anticipation and tension for an unsuspecting drew, thank god for the scheduled midday break for brunch.

✍︎︎

MONDAY at 11:42am

MONDAY at 11:42am

hey drewww
whatcha doin

hi derry
thank god u texted cause i've been
reading the same line for the past few mins

are you busy today?