𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. act two, playlist

the secret's safe with me

✍︎︎

"are you happy now?" elle retorts, her voice angry as she reaches over and snaps the laptop shut— barely missing madelyn's fingers.

"dj, what is that?" the blonde actress backs away from the countertop. she couldn't believe what she saw. "is it true?"

"what do you think it is?" the writer's voice straining as she swallows the hurting, crying ache forming in her throat.

"but these are just ideas," maddie steps towards his sister on set, holding the poor girl's face in comfort. "right?"

elle sighs, closing her eyes as she tries to reign back the tears. it doesn't work, so she opens them again. her amber eyes red once again.

mads' face softens at the sight, her chocolate pudding eyes dipping in concern.

"yes," derrielle fakes a small smile. which her best friend doesn't believe in the slightest. so she places her hands on madelyn's wrists and pushes her away to explain further. "except for that one."

"what does jonas think?"

elle scoffs, walking back and forth on the kitchenette tile as she rants to maddie. "apparently, the producers and jp think it's a good idea even though it's completely against rafe's unstable character. he doesn't need a love interest, he needs therapy!"

"dj, i know. we all know that."

"and the best part is," elle stops her pacing, smacking her hand on the counter in fury. "that they didn't even fucking consider to ask me what i think!" she points to herself, tears slowly falling down her face.

"they said "oh, that's seems like a good idea, that's do it full throttle!" she mocks them, before returning to her regular voice. "they've already been looking for an actress behind my back! can you believe that shit?!"

"elle, don't freak out. it hasn't even been renewed yet."

"how can i not freak out?!" derry yells, a bit taken back about how emotionally vulnerable herself became. "the script alone made you and chase fall head over heels for each other, what if she"— she relaxes herself, lowering her tone, maddie isn't at fault. "what if they fall in love?"

"they won't," madelyn shakes her head. "he won't do that to you."

"how do you know that?"