𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. chapter thirty

it can't be too good to be true, could it?

✍︎︎

five days after outer banks season one premiered on netflix, director jonas pate already emailed his first drafts and ideas for the second season.

the show had been an instant success, both due to the brilliant production and the fact that everyone in the world was forced to stay home and watch television.

three days after the united states went into mandatory lockdown because of growing coronavirus cases and serious risks to public health, elle constantly watched the local news channel to track the amount of cases soaring in a bright red line on a graphic.

she's thankful that her boyfriend and her friends were safe as they were all quarantining in her large apartment. her and drew shared a bedroom, rudy and austin shared the couch— and, surprisingly, chase and madelyn shared the guest bedroom.

derrielle had been so busy with her and drew's relationship that she had gotten so blind to the signs of the budding romance between the cast mates. she's happy for them, they're adorable.

her phone buzzes on the couch cushion next to where she's perched, distracting her worried mind with something to do in these troubled times.

 new message! 6:21 pm

JONAS PATE
hello elle! i hope you are doing well and are safe and healthy. i know we all need something to distract us during these troubling times, so i just emailed you some ideas for season two!

🤫🤫DO NOT TELL THE CAST 🤐 i don't want to get their hopes up in case netflix doesn't renew it.

read over it and let me know what you think.

ELLE JOHNSON
hello jp! i hope you and your family are safe as well!

JONAS PATE LOVED THIS MESSAGE at 6:28 pm.