𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. chapter thirty two

burning the lines

(a/n: sir pls contain ur sexiness for one sec, b4 i go into cardiac arrest! also,, there are depictions of alcohol/drug usage, please drink/smoke responsibly

(a/n: sir pls contain ur sexiness for one sec, b4 i go into cardiac arrest! also,, there are depictions of alcohol/drug usage, please drink/smoke responsibly. )
✍︎

the low beat of some sza comforts the group of friends, vibrating the deepest part of their eardrums as drew simultaneously bangs his foot off his drum-set along in rhythm. rudy sat next to him, his fingers tickling the plastic ivories through the hazy atmosphere.

drew finally convinced derrielle to move in a drum-set, along with an electric keyboard, in order for himself— and their roommates—to occupy and enjoy themselves while they are trapped inside.

after a grueling week, and constant reassurance from both madelyn and drew about their health, elle thought that they should have some people over and relax with their companionship.

those people being madison bailey, jonathan daviss, and elaine siemek. as long as they provided a negative test and wore a mask, which all of them did.

but that rule soon dissolved into nothing as the group constantly, and increasingly, drank their worries away. and then, an intoxicated madison pulled out her decorated bong from her tote bag— and they all moved from the kitchen into the cozy living room where they reside now.

drew and rudy are the farthest from the group's circle, while madelyn is in the center of the room reenacting how chase acted when he met her parents. chase bashfully hides behind his hands as he stands behind the l-shaped couch. austin begins to tease him incessantly, slapping him against the chest and arms.

elle laughs loudly at a funny memory that maddie tries to tell the group, she is already way too crossed and couldn't speak without bursting into a fit of giggles.

tonight has been unusually warm, everyone dressed in tank tops and tees. the windows are always open for ventilation purposes, so the roommates have been used to the cold breeze.

unless you're a person like jonathan, who complains and starts to crouch downwards until the couch cushions act as a wall to shield him from the freezing temperatures. "jeez, someone close that fucking window."

"put this on, you big baby," madison chuckles at his demeanor. she tosses him an extra blanket before grabbing back her bong from elaine.

"where's my lighter?" she asks, her red eyes and distorted brain searching for her pink device.

"elle had it last," elaine shrugs, before leaning closer and lowering her voice to say something snarky. "you know how she is about keeping things that aren't hers in the first place."