Prologue: Mandalorian hospitality

The trip to Krownest was pretty quiet. The only real event was a small funeral for the three marines that the Constantinople had lost during the battle on the surface of Atollon. A Turian and two Humans. Since their bodies could not be recovered in the heat of battle, Jordan simply held a brief speech in front of the memorial wall, a peculiarity of Federation's ships. Specifically, the frigate had one right there on Deck 3, it was a slab of metal, a little higher than two meters and three meters large. At the center there was the emblem of the Systems Alliance, which resembled an 'A' with three stars under the arch.

The names of the fallen were put one by one into small stripes on the two racks on the sides of the central pillar.

Jaral took the funeral particularly at heart. Those men, after all, fought under her command, and while she didn't take the losses of her subordinates as bad as she did when she joined Phoenix Fleet, she still valued their lives, both as a person and as a Jedi.

Tristan, Sabine and their warriors also payed their respects, as to them, those who died fighting deserved great honors.

After that, the crew went back to their lives. They cheered their comrades one last time with a small drink, then got back to work.

The three Jedi simply sat in the mess hall and talked with Sabine and Tristan. Jaral wanted to talk about the strategic situation of the civil war on Mandalore, but everybody simply shut her down, telling that she had done enough for the day and that she needed to relax.

"Seriously, Jari. I understand that now you are the Grand Marshall," Sabine told her by jokingly stress the word 'Grand', which just so happened to be the same word in Thrawn's rank. "but for today, calm down and rest, because tonight you will all taste some Mandalorian hospitality."

Kanan chuckled. "I hope it doesn't involve pointing blasters at my Padawans again." he said based on what the siblings told him about their previous adventure on Krownest.

"I'm sorry for what happened." Tristan apologized. "But, at the time, we considered you our enemies."

"We understand, Tristan, but thanks for saying that." Ezra said gently.

They were sitting by siblings: the Bridgers on one side of the table, the Wrens on the other and Kanan was sitting at the head.

"We'll make it up by throwing you a nice banquet." Tristan added with a friendly smile. "You should invite your father and the rest of the crew."

"Do you even have room for a hundred people more?" Jaral asked with a quip.

"You only saw the throne room," Sabine reassured. "but the stronghold has some underground levels, one of which has a big room for these occasions."

"You sure having three Jedi in a mandalorian festivity won't cause any trouble?" Kanan asked.

"Ezra and Jaral gave us Sabine again." Tristan said. "Don't worry, Master Jedi, neither me or Mother will let anybody insult them. Though, I must warn you that these kind of parties tend to get...rowdy."

"Should we expect a giant brawl to break out at any moment?" Ezra quipped.

"A giant brawl? No." Sabine said. "However, some of the warriors might be tempted to test their mettle against some Jedi. Especially you, Ezra, since...you know...everybody knows you as my partner." she concluded with an embarrassed smirk.

"Starting with me." Tristan intervened but with a more neutral tone, and everyone at the table looked at him.

"Uh, did I do something?" Ezra asked timidly.

"Nothing personal, Bridger. It's just that Sabine has filled our heads with your tall tales..." he interrupted to parry a punch that Sabine tried to land on his side to shut him. "...that now I have to see if they are true."