Chapter 19: Horror in the Wild

May 30

A month. An entire month looking for answers in the I6 grid. As Iulius had feared, the coordinates given by the Emperor were outdated, because the path toward them that had been first discovered was now impassable. Apparently, Jade had detected a 'Disturbance in the Force' and was now leading the fleet toward a new route.

Iulius still didn't know what to think about this girl being a Force-sensitive. The only ones he had ever encountered were the Jedi among the rebels, not exactly a good opinion modifier in his head. Still, if she was an agent of the Emperor, that meant that the Empire too had some Force-users and that they could be allies, right?

Still, so far all this Mara Jade had done was to bring Iulius and his Task Force on some desolate rocks, toxic planets, almost sent them into a pulsar star and waste a lot of time doing her meditations.

Orders were orders though, and she had indeed proven that she could lead them across the perilous routes of Wild Space, so all Iulius could do was be patient.

He didn't have many expectations when Commander Bolo called him in his office and informed him that they were about to leave hyperspace.

Iulius headed there, finding Qathora as well. Mara was in front of the helmsman's commands, apparently directing the ship with the Force. Her face clearly showed signs of strain that such a task forced on her.

Bolo was checking in the navicomputer and made an announcement.

"We're leaving hyperspace in 3...2...1..."

The Admonitor left hyperspace into an unknown system and in front of an unknown planet.

But, differently from all the others they have met so far, this seemed fit to sustain life

But, differently from all the others they have met so far, this seemed fit to sustain life. Even from the viewport, Iulius could distinguish several continents with shades of green, sand-yellow ans white around the poles, along with oceans and enclosed seas.

"Well, perhaps you did find something, this time, Mara." Qathora said sarcastically to the young woman.

Jade ignored the Togruta and walked toward the viewport while Iulius gave the orders.

"Contact the rest of the fleet. See if they've managed to track our signal." he said to Bolo.

After a few seconds, the man responded. "Affirmative, sir. They're calculating the jump and will be here in a few minutes."

"Very well, give me a scan of the planet. Let's see if we can find any sign of sentient life."