Chapter 34: Eclipse on Jedha

After recovering the kyber crystals and escaping imperial reinforcements, the Partisans accepted to bring the rebels, plus Chirrut and Baze, who had jumped in to help their new Jedi friend, to their hideout. A compound built at the base of an old structure, probably belonging to the Jedi, as well, in the past.

Indeed, many of the fighters among the Partisans were natives of Jedha and had witnessed the times of the Republic and of the Jedi Order. The moment Ezra pulled out his lightsaber on that square, they started to behave as if he was a god of some sort.

At least this smoothed things. Cassian and Jyn were allowed to carry their weapons, and the latter was told she was allowed to see Saw as long as Ezra was present as well.

That was the report that Ezra gave to his father, who was instead on the bridge of the Constantinople.

"We're approaching the hideout." Ezra said on the comlink. "The mountain might interfere with the signal, so see if Jinx can improve it."

"You hurt me, Ezra." the AI answered. "Of course I can."

Jordan chuckled. "You heard him."

"All right, I'll keep the channel open

"All right, I'll keep the channel open."

Jordan turned his head on his right.

"Salazar, have you got that link with Yavin?"

"Almost...got it!" the man exclaimed.

On the video feeds left of his platform, Jordan could now see the face of his daughter.

"Command to Constantinople, how's it going?" she asked seriously.

Jordan quipped. "Considering there has just been a shootout on the surface, I think everything is going pretty smoothly."

"Oh, my goodness, you arrived five minutes ago!" Jaral lamented.

"I know, I know," Jordan interceded. "but it wasn't Ezra's fault." and he proceeded to give a quick summary of what had just happened inside the Holy City, while Ezra and his squad were going inside Saw's hideout.

After hearing the explanation, Jaral gently scratched her forehead. "So we got Saw's men stealing a huge amount of kyber and a couple of monks who now have decided to worship my brother."

"More or less. At least Ezra's presence seems enough to have the Partisans cooperate."

"Are you sure things won't turn for the worst?" General Draven asked from Yavin.

"Ezra can take care of himself and the ones around him, General. For now, we'll just have to..."

"Excuse me, Captain." Salazar suddenly spoke in.

"Yes, Salazar?" Jordan asked patiently.

"It appears like the Star Destroyer over the Holy City is heading toward the orbit of Jedha."