Chapter 33: The Holy City

November 23.

Wobani. Inside the giant area of an imperial labor camp, Ezra and Sabine were waiting in hiding. They were waiting for a wheeled transport that was carrying a prisoner that could help the Rebellion finding a lead on the Death Star.

With the help of Andor's droid, K2SO, who would stop the transport by simulating an emergency, Rhino Squad was to storm the transport, eliminate the guards and allow Ezra to get aboard and find such Liana Hallik, aka Jyn Erso

"All this mud is really going to ruin my paint job." Sabine lamented as they had to wait in a hole of muddy and partially snowy terrain of the planet.

"Well, you said you wanted to change it, now you have an excuse." Ezra quipped as he kept his eyes on the dirt road where the transport was supposed to pass.

"I guess so." Sabine groaned and put down her rangefinder.

They had to wait another ten minutes until the transport, an old Clone Wars-Era Juggernaut model, deprived of weapons, appeared from behind a bump steep enough to hide it.

"Specter-7 to all units, start the attack." Ezra promptly ordered.

He soon spotted K2 walking to put himself on the street and waving at the transport, which stopped in its tracks.

Sabine ignited her jetpack and went to take care of the drivers, while Ezra reached Rhino squad, which was getting ready to breach the passenger's compartment. The door was soon vaporized, letting Lieutenant Poshur and Sergeant Reeze to shoot at the two guards inside.

"All clear, sir." Poshur said after inspecting the small compartment, so Ezra walked up the ramp and entered.

He noticed that there were only 4 prisoners, and only two were Human females. Through the visor, Jinx sent Ezra the picture of the one he was looking for, and thus spotted Erso at the end of the compartment.

"Found her." he said to Poshur. "Free the others."

"Yes, sir." the officer replied.

While the Rangers started to remove the handcuffs from the other prisoners, Ezra walked in front of the person he was there for.

Feeling that she was on high alert, and most likely would try to attack him and escape, Ezra dematerialized his helmet and looked at her.

"Don't be afraid." he said in a calm tone. "We're from the Rebel Alliance. We need a small favor, then you'll be free to go. Ok?"

 Ok?"