Chapter 16: Showdown

While most of the group was preparing two of the captured gunships for the next phase, Ezra was standing in front of the Ghost, contemplating the prairie in front of him. Jordan had gone back to the camp to escort Pryce along with his Legionnaires, plus Ryder and Kallus.

He and the Legionnaires would pose as stormtroopers using their holograms. Only Kallus would go on wearing a stolen Navy trooper uniform, so he could stay close to Pryce with a pistol at her back. Hera and Chopper would pilot the gunships and come out only when the fight would start.

The young Commander closed his eyes, reaching down the bond with his sister. She shared with him the last part of her plan to win the battle and, while it suddenly included a much more dangerous role for him, he knew that he was the only one who could achieve the will of his sister.

'You can count on me.' he thought in the end.

He could sense that Jaral was feeling a really big burden, asking her brother to enact such a dangerous ruse, but she was trusting him with all of her soul, and he intended to fulfill that trust.

He took out the lightsabers and joined them, then he ignited them both. While she was waiting in orbit, Jaral would definitely be on his side even for that battle.

He then deactivated the blades, but kept the sabers joined in the double-bladed saber. He wanted to somehow stress that his bond with his sister was the one thing that would bring the success of the upcoming operation.

 He wanted to somehow stress that his bond with his sister was the one thing that would bring the success of the upcoming operation

As he attached the hilt at his belt, he felt the presence of Hera behind him and turned around. The Twi'lek was indeed walking toward him.

"They're bringing her up." she notified him.

Ezra nodded, and from the valley he quickly saw Pryce being forced to walk by Ryder and Kallus, while the Legionnaires formed a triangle around them with their assault rifles ready, but for now relaxed.

Pryce was snarling at Kallus, but Ezra only heard the last part.

"To join a band of rebels and some invaders who don't stand a chance."