Chapter 9: Crawler Commandeers

Jaral was referring to the fact that she needed to contact rebel command to authorize the strike on Lothal. First of all, they needed to contact the Constantinople and hope that the ship could act as a mean to link her with Yavin 4.

April 16.

After spending hours putting together a communicator similar to a radio box, while the rest of the resistance movement gathered in the new refuge, Jordan was trying to contact the Constantinople via his omni-tool, while Sabine was trying to boost and stabilize the signal.

"Bridger to Constantinople, come in." the Captain insisted once again, but only statics followed.

"Adjusting frequencies." Jinx said mechanically.

Their patience was slowly depleting, but luckily, this time they answered.

"Raniza here, Captain, are you ok?" the worried voice of the First Officer came through.

"I'm all right, First Officer, so is the rest of the team." he reassured.

Raniza sighed. "What happened down there? You disappeared only to pop up again on the other side of the planet." she said.

"Kinda of a long story, but that's irrelevant, now. We need to give the Grand Marshall a direct link with Rebel Command, have you found a solution?"

"Engineer Sparky and Private Salazar had an idea, I'm patching them through."

After a few seconds of silence, the voice of Salazar and the robotic voice of the Geth that the crew called 'Sparky', rang up.

"Bridger Captain." Sparky said. "We would like to offer a solution regarding the Empire jamming the Constantinople's communications."

"I'm all ears, lads."

"Okay," Salazar intervened. "our problem right now is that the Empire has found a way to block our quantum communications. Even if they still can't intercept them, right now the only way to call anywhere out of the system is to hijack the imperial frequencies on our own."

"So what is your suggestion?"

"If Bridger Captain and the Rebel allies could acquire an imperial communication device, our platform could replicate the communication permits and allow the Constantinople to call Rebel Command, then acting as your repeater to allow Bridger Gran Marshall to establish a direct connection."

The rebels looked at each other. Not long after, the transmitter started squealing.

"What's happening?" Jaral asked.

"I think we may have found our device." Sabine said with a grin. "I'm picking up something transmitting nearby."

"Jinx, can you track it?" Jordan asked.