Chapter 26: A matter of survival

July 12

The negotiations on Mon Cala didn't take long. Since both the Rebel Alliance and the Imperial Federation were eager to create a pact of mutual defense, all that Mon Mothma, Prince Claudio and the respective delegations had to sort out were the specific terms to put on the holographic pages of the treaty.

Eventually, on July 10, it was declared to the two galaxies that the Universal Allied Cooperation Treaty (UACT) was born. The name itself was a statement the any nation, in the future could join freely, as long as it respected sentient rights and was committed to consider armed resolutions of conflicts as a last resource.

The name of the chart was Treaty of Mon Cala, and it also drew the first plans for an economic, technological and political cooperation between the signatories.

Most of the time, Ezra had to act like the personal bodyguard of Mon Mothma, since there was no guarantee that the Empire didn't have any agent waiting on the planet to attempt on her life, which left Sabine and Moreena explore the city, admiring how fast the main services had been restored by the Mon Cala and witnessing the endless stream of civilian shuttles that brought countless resources to the orbital shipyards.

While the Mon Calas were expanding the Rebel Fleet, Mothma and the delegation had already returned to Yavin IV, only to find themselves in front of a new emergency.

It was early morning when Jaral had the Specters summoned to the command room for what seemed like an urgent mission. Ezra, Moreena, Sabine and Zeb were walking inside the ancient temple, heading toward said room.

"I wonder what could she find so urgent." Moreena commented.

"I don't know," Ezra replied. "but if Jaral of all people is alarmed, prepare for the worse."

They accelerated the pace. On that level of the temple, they noticed, there seemed to be a more chaotic atmosphere than usual, with officers and soldiers moving around with haste.

"I hope it doesn't involve Lothal, somehow." Zeb said with worry in his voice.

"If that was the case, she would have already told me with the bond." the Jedi replied.

Regardless, they quickly passed the door into the command room, spotting Jaral with her back toward them, talking to someone on the holotable.

"Hey sis, what's happening?" Ezra said.

Jaral first turned her head, then stepped aside to let the other teens look at the hologram, leaving Ezra and Sabine stunned.

"Mother?!" Sabine exclaimed.

Ursa Wren's hologram was standing on that edge of the holotable, on a smaller scale. She made a friendly nod toward Sabine, even though her face remained serious.

"It's good to see you, Sabine. Ezra..."

"Countess..." Ezra said respectfully. "What's going on? Are you in danger?" he added immediately after.

Ursa sighed. "I'm ashamed to say so, but yes. The Empire has started a massive invasion of Mandalorian space from Taris and Krownest is under siege."

"