Chapter 21: The Battle of Mon Calamari

June 10

Preparations were done. The Allied Fleet was ready to jump toward Mon Calamari and start the battle to liberate the planet.

Admiral Raddus was adamant that we would bring the Profundity on the frontline, so Jaral was transferred aboard the Protector, which had been brought up over Pammant to participate in the upcoming attack. Not as a spearhead, but actually as a spotter: Jaral had decided to have the Protector to be the first ship to enter the battle. Once arrived into the system, with the help of the numerous AIs on board, the Grand Marshall could direct the first offensive formations to exit hyperspace in more advantageous positions after seeing how the Empire had placed its forces.

 Once arrived into the system, with the help of the numerous AIs on board, the Grand Marshall could direct the first offensive formations to exit hyperspace in more advantageous positions after seeing how the Empire had placed its forces

The launch of the fleet was expected in 40 minutes. Jaral was on the bridge of the ship, staring out of the viewport. Taking a look at the incredible number and size of the ships under her command always gave her a bit more of confidence in victory. She was using the moment of quiet to try and expand her Battle Meditation. At the previous battle, she had managed to use it to enhance the abilities of the communication officers on the bridge of the Profundity first and of the artillerymen later, even if slightly.

Now she was trying to reach the ships next to them. One of them, though, was a Geth cruiser, and since the crew was made of robots, they weren't linked with the Force. If anything, that would require less effort for her.

She could start perceiving the crew on the near frigate, but then her omni-tool beeped. She opened her eyes and noticed that it came from Nimbus.

She turned around. "Admiral, I'll be in the conference room." she announced.

Edrix made an obsequious nod with the head. By now, the Turian deeply respected her both as a Jedi and as a strategist. He had ordered the crew of the Protector to treat her as if she was the Captain.

Not that she needed the support of Edrix to be popular. She had never lost the habit of fraternizing with the troops under her command, neither did Ezra. Whenever she had some free time between a briefing and another, she took some time to go banter with the crewmen and they certainly respected that. Proof to that she could see right at that moment, as every federal soldier she met on her way to the conference room eagerly stepped aside and made the salute. Jaral even met a young female technician who she met a few days before and the two exchanged a quip as Jaral kept walking toward the room.

As she reached the room, the guards saluted her and she returned.

"I need to make a call. No one in or out until I'm finished." she instructed.

"Yes, ma'am." said the Krogan guard on the right, opening the door with the commands.

She stepped in and reached the table in the center of the room while the guard closed the door again.

The young woman sat on the nearest chair and finally opened the communication. The hologram of the Mirialan woman appeared in real scale on the floor of the room.