Chapter 2: Heroes of Mandalore

Even if he was wearing a helmet, Jordan had to look away from the light for a moment.

When he turned around, he noticed that all the Mandalorians who were not under a bubble shield had been turned to ashes, along with most of their armors.

Those poor devils didn't even have the time to scream. Whatever that energy arc was, it vaporized them almost instantly.

"Captain." one of the Batarians among his Marines recalled him.

Only now, Jordan noticed that the few Marines that were outside the bubble shields were not being damaged by the weapon. He didn't need to think twice.

"Countess, you and your men stay inside the bubbles." he strictly ordered. Ursa had little choice but to obey.

"Marines, form up!" he then ordered into the comlink as he rushed in the front.

Gutierrez, Michalina and Thabo were the first to form a line on his sides. The other marines followed immediately. The lightnings of the weapon, whatever they were, were not touching them.

The Marines formed an arrowhead, with Jordan at the point.

"Shoot and move, lads! Forward!" he ordered.

The soldiers started to walk forward while emptying their weapons' batteries against the remaining stormtroopers, who clearly were not expecting such a reaction.

Seeing the enemy making a counterattack had the modified AT-DP cease its attack, turn around and got immediately recovered by the Gozanti transport that brought it there

The stormtroopers were decimated and the survivors ran for their lives. Jordan didn't want to go too far from their allies so he halted the advance once they routed the enemy.

Right at that moment, Sabine, Ezra and the others arrived either on jetpacks or aboard a speeder-bike in the case of Kanan and Alrich.

Sabine immediately ran to Ursa and Tristan, who were a bit shocked by what they just saw but were completely safe, thanks to the bubble shield.

Then, her gaze turned toward the piles of ashes and remains of mandalorian armors scattered around the battlefield and she got horrified.

She knelt down to grab a piece of armor that only crumbled when she took it, making her shed tears of desperation.

"What just happened?" Thabo asked. "That weapon was clearly targeting the mandalorians only."

"There were rumors that the Empire was working on a weapon to neutralize Mandalorian armor." Bo-Katan clarified. "That it had even been tested on our people. I-I didn't believe it."

"Not the Empire." Sabine said with rage boiling up. "Me. This is all my fault."

Ezra was confused for a moment, but then a revelation dawned on him.