Part 9 - The Wolf

Kakashi layed down on his futon and looked over at your sleeping body on the other side of the room. Still you thought about others, before yourself... Like you always had done. He turned the light off and looked up at the celing. He had to plan how to do this, without getting to close again.. He closed his eyes and got ready to fall asleep.

Normally Kakashi's nights were filled with nightmares, but this time around, dreams changed into old memories he had tried to forget about.

******
"I'll take care of him" He looked at you holding the baby in your arms. "You are still young Y/N... Taking care of babies are hard work.." Kakashi narrowed his brows as he looked between you and lord 3rd. "I can do it! I won't let him grow up alone!" the tears streaming down your cheek made him just want to hug you. The Hokage sighed and nodded. "Until he can stay at his own, I let you raise him... For now"

Kakashi had always wondered how you did it. Even after the accident he watched out for you, in the shadows. The times you cared for Minato's son even after everyone told you not too. "Auntie sama!" Kakashi looked over at the crying boy near the river, with narrowed brows. "I am here, see I didn't go far" You had the softes voice as he watched you walk over to the crying kid. "hide and seek is not a game for you I guess"

Kakashi smiled a bit as he saw you lift the boy up. "I don't like it.. Not when it feels like you're gone!" The little boy sat down in your lap. "I am always around" you smiled and dried his tears. "you promise?" he looked at you. Making you nodd. "I will always be here.. I promise" You smiled and hugged the little boy close as you hummed softly.
***

Kakashis eyes open again, a bit shocked of the dream he had. "I am sorry, I didn't mean to wake you" you spoke carefully as you noticed Kakashi sitting up. "no, don't worry, you didn't" he muttered sleepy, before noticing you were working on the fire. "I am making breakfast" you whispered as you stirred the pot a bit, before taking the other one and filled a cup. "have some tea.. It is soon ready."

"thank you.." he walked over and sat down on the other side of the fire, accepting the cup from your hands. Your eyes still didn't meet his, which made this easier, at least for him. When breakfast were done you gave him the bowl before taking your own and started eating. Not once did you try to catch his face as he ate. Which was a first for him. "Do you think I can controll it?" your voice were low, almost shaky.

"with time, yeah.." He answered honestly, before looking up and noticing the worried expression on your face. "If something happens and I loose controll, will you promise to stop me.. At any costs" your eyes shifted back at him, this time directly at his eyes. "what do you mean?" he hoped you weren't asking what he thought you did. "If I can't controll it, and loose to the tailed beast.... Can you promise me you will stop it?" kakashi narrowed his brows, as he reconized the fear in your eyes."what makes you think you can't controll it?"

"It is not that... It's.." you sighed and looked down. "I wanna make sure i don't hurt the village.. Or the people I care about.." Kakashi sighed not liking this conversation. "I promise.. But only because I know it would not happen" he added. "how are you soo sure?" he smiled and placed the bowl down. "because, You are stubborn, and have too many things you want to protect" This made you smile a bit. "I just have to trust you on it" At least it seemed like the fear you had for him started to fade..

"If the training out here goes well... We can relocate to conntinue the training in the village. We just have to make sure you master it somehow before we do" You just nodded at his response. "You still have the big brain" you giggled, making Kakashi look at you. "you thought I lost it?" he raised a brow. "No, You have always been a good shinobi... Makes me worry a little less when you became their sensei.. Even though I still have problems understanding all your tactics" Thank god Kakashi had his mask on, or else the blush would have been visable.

"now, lets get ready for the training.. I am not going to go easy on you" he warned, knowing he had to work hard to make you controll it. "I know" you got up and walked outside, feeling nervous as the time went on. "You can start with meditation" Kakashi came out behind you. You nodded and found yourself a spot and sat down, and got started. In order to get controll you needed balance, but you were not the best to focus.

For hours you tried to meditate and focus, just concentrating on the chakra around you. "Y/N.." you heard a female voice making you open your eyes and look around.  It was dark around you, everywhere you looked it was pitch black. "who's there!?" you got up in a defensive stand. A bright purple light came into sight infront of you, making your eyes widen. "who are you!?" the purple light turned into a wolf in front of you, making you take few steps back. "you are not ready" the voice spoke again.

"what do you mean with that? How can I be ready?" the dark eyes of the creature in front of you turned purple. "When two moons colide, the balance needs to be restored.. It is not time yet" the wolf growled as it came closer. "You are not balanced enough" you screamed as the wolf charged at you, making you snap out of the meditation and back in to a tree with horror in your eyes. Kakashi looked over confused. "are you ok?"

You just shaked your head, trying to catch your breath. "what was that? What did you do?" the horrified look on your face almost pained him as he stood up. "nothing, I was reading.. What happened?" He put the book down before trying to walk over, but stopped as he noticed you tried to back away. "what did you see?"

"a... A wolf" after a few more breaths you calmed down a bit. "I think you need a break" he rubbed the back of his neck. "try to calm down.. Thats the first step" he held his hands up, giving you the space as you needed as you relaxed your breathing. It did take a while before you calmed down completely. "it's allready getting dark" you muttered. "you meditated for hours.. And it seems like you found something" he tried again. "tell me about the wolf"

"It was huge... And purple.." you looked down, trying to remember. "she said I wasen't ready... Not balanced" you sighed. "she?" Kakashi tilted his head. "yes.. She..." You looked up at him. "what does that even mean?" he shrugged as a response. "Seems like a metaphor...." he put the hand up to his mask. "something about two moons going to colide... And balance needs to be restored...." you whispered. "Seems like the wolf tried to tell you something" You got up, feeling shaky. "Yeah.. But what.."