Part 13 - CHALLENGED

Months had passed without results

Months had passed without results. The frustration was hard to ignore at this point, to not be angry with yourself about it. The frown deepens as you walked down main street in the village.

Helping the Inuzuka boy had helped taking your mind off the worst frustration.. And having someone to train with when it came to the ninja animals helped alot on that aspect. "Y/N sensei!! Look, I am doing it!" Kiba's voice echoed the streets behind you, before the white furball, who now had grown quite big ran past you. On top Kiba was balancing his stance.. He really liked that technique of yours. "Look at you doing it" You smiled a bit, but soon made a face of discomfort as Kiba's head hit a nearby sign, making him fall off and hit the ground.

You sighed and walked over to help him up. "ouch, what was that, didn't you see where we was running akamaru?" Kiba looked at his dog as akamaru just whines a bit in response. "You should be aware of your surroundings aswell, Kiba..." you haven't noticed before, but he had grown alot... All the pupils had. It made you wonder how much Naruto and sasuke had grown by now... Did they get taller too?

"I still need to work on my footing, how do you do it?" Kiba rubbed the back of his head, after all he hit it quite hard. "for me it was just natural, it depends on how you bond with your ninja animal.. You know how important those bonds are" You smiled and petted akamaru. "but we have the bond in place!?"

"I know, but the bond could always grow stronger" You chuckled at the dissapointed look in his eyes. "well they don't call you the wolf tamer of the leaf for any reasion" Kiba mumbled as he crossed his arms over his chest. "as far as I know, you are the only one calling me that.. And your sister" You started to walk making Kiba run to caught up with you. "We are not the only one! Come on! You promised me you were gonna show me the pack? I wanna see them all in action, not just Hunter and mirai!" He complained, making you sigh.

"ok, lets have a race to the training grounds.. If you win I let you meet the pack."Why not have some fun with this. You summon Hunter, the blueish grey wolf you had used to train Kiba and akamaru with." Hey fellas! Is it training time? Will I hunt rabbits? "Hunter cheered happily." not exactly, we are gonna have a race, you and sensei, against me and akamaru!" Kiba pointed at the wolf with a smirk." and we are gonna win! "

"get ready then" You got on top of Hunter, taking the normal standing position. You two got ready, before counting to three and ran off. "come on, practice the standing now" You smiled at him and watched as he tried again, ready to catch him if he fell.

Kakashi stopped by the dumpling place in hope to find the others there, and sure enough like always they sat there all three of them. "Kakashi, Ready for a new rival battle of yuth!?" Guy smirked as he saw Kakashi walking over. "No, that was not why I came here" His answer made Guy visably dissapointed. "Have any of you seen Y/N?" Kakashi placed his hand in his pockets, looked over at his three friends. "wait.. You haven't seen her either?" Kurenai placed her cup of tea down, as Asuma frowned.

"No, she has skipped the training for two weeks now.." This made all three look up at Kakashi with a suprised look. "If she is even avoiding you, then it is worse than I thought" Asuma sighed. "Maybe she has been too busy with Kiba.." Kurenai added with a small hope in her voice. "Even Kiba has been chasing her for the training.. I overheard it the other day" Guy added, crushing Kurenai's hopes. Kakashi noticed a few new faces by the fence, looking like they were waiting for someone. "we need to keep a eye out then.. If it is like you said Asuma.." Kakashi looked over at him.

"Well, she is a Sarutobi.. Not by blood, but still picked up on the behaviour.." He muttered and lighten a cigarette. "She accepted the clan name?" Kakashi raised a brow. "What she accepts and what it is on her papers are different things.. She was adopted into our clan long ago"

"I do it sensei! Look!!" The four shinobi turned their head at the sound of Kiba's voice. "Remember to look were you are going!" you screamed back. "I think we found her" Asuma put his lighter away, giving the others a look to follow you, which made the three others nod slightly.

You smiled as you watched Kiba carefully, but changed your attention when you heard the warning growl from Hunter. The wolf stopped in his tracks, and you payed attention to where he was looking. Leaning against the fence where three of the men that had tried for weeks to challange you.. Soo far you have been avoiding them, seeing no points in having dimension battle anymore.. At least not after the transfer were accepted. "Y/N sensei?" Kiba sat down on Akamaru carefully. You carefully looked over, making sure to have the men in sight. "The training will have to wait, Kiba.."

"But you promised!" The teenager complained, not noticing the situation. "I am sorry, another time" You stepped down from hunter and gave him a pet before letting him return to his place. "but what about the race? I Was in the lead!" You just smiled at his whining. "keep telling yourself that" your eyes were still on the men in front of you, before you jumped over the fence to see if they would follow. Unbeknowst to you, the four shinobi in the dubling shop were watching the ordeal, and noticing the men were following.

You made sure you didn't stop until you were out of the village, and away from people. You landed in one of the old training fields, and sure enough you felt multiple following. Small stomping sounds were heard as they landed. "You are awfully hard to follow and track, earthling" One of the men walked closer. "Isn't my ghosting of you a sign enough that I don't do the silly dimension battles anymore?" You turned around and looked at them. Apperantly they had been waiting around town, because now there were 6 of them. "this you can't refuse, even if you are a transfer" He threw over the scroll and smirked at you. "would be sad to destroy such a beautiful face, but rules are rules.. You have to have 20 battles to be allowed to be removed from the list.. You only have 19"

You frowned as you opened the scroll and read it. It was indeed signed by the dimensional workers as a order to accept. "soo you want me to battle the 6 of you alone?" with a raised brow you looked at them carefully. This was not a good timing. "aren't you supposed to be the special of us jumpers? Lets see if you are even fit to stay in your position!" the treathning voice was enough to make it clear they were serious. "Soo you all want to be sent back, I get it.. But I am not the woman for the job" You threw the scroll back and started to walk away, wanting to delay it further.

"You can't walk away from this!" One of them yelled and threw a kunai at you. You turned around to snap it, but instead were met with Kakashi's back. Your brows narrows as you saw your friends in front of you. "Are they bothering you little sis?" Asuma smiled as he had his chakra blades in hand. "What are you guys doing here?" You had not sensed them at all. "why do you think?" Kakashi looked back at you, side eyeing you carefully. "This is not a leaf fight! Stay out of our buisness!" the man who threw the kunai spoke up.

"The good thing is that now we have the wintnesses needed for the fight.. Meaning you can't refuse it this time earthling" The other one smirked. "Guy's as much as I appreacite your concern, this was not the time.." You mumbled. "This is between jumpers, meaning you four is not allowed to get involved" This made Asuma look at you. "jumpers, what are you talking about?" You sighed and looked away. "They are like me.. A dimension jumper, they have the right to challenge me for battle to claim my position" You explained carefully. "And I am not allowed to deny a request, at least not when there is witnesses"  They all turned around and looked at you carefully. "you better be kidding, this is not a fair fight!" Guy clenched his fist as he looked at you and then looked back at the men.

"In a dimension battle everything is allowed as long as you are a jumper.. It is a battle to send the other back to the dimension they are from.. It is a very common thing" Asuma growled a bit as he realised what was going on. "You transfered, you should have been off the list!" you punched his arm and glared at him, knowing fully you had only told him about your transfer, not anyone else. "Baka.." you muttered. "I need one more fight to be taken off the list.... Soo this time they teamed up.. And I can't refuse it" This time you had to fight, and sadly if you died, you really died.