Part 24 - Comfort

Sharing your appartment with Kakashi was suprisingly easy

Sharing your appartment with Kakashi was suprisingly easy. He let you sleep and take your naps and only disturbed when he had to.. For like bandage changes, food, or going to bed himself.. It felt almost natural for you to have him around after a few days. Most of the time you spent in bed, just to make sure the healing was going to be quicker.. Even thoug it didn't really work that way truly.. But worth a try.

This morning Kakashi had to step out to get some groceries..since you were not allowed to go, he was kind enough to do it, instead of sending Mirai again. Lets be real, the man needed a break, and so did you.. Even though you enjoyed having him around like this.. The guilty Feeling of being a burden was still deep and very present. This morning you wanted to make your own tea, since you had allready showered and all, it was time for a challenge. With careful steps and making sure you supported yourself against the wall as you got yourself to the kitchen.Since the wounds had healed, your body was now working fully on your chakra building. Which actually made your body even more exhausted than before.

You fumbled a bit as you waited for the water to get ready. Even when you felt your legs started to shake, you refused to sit down yet.. You thighten the grip on the counter almost cussing at yourself for not even being able to make some damn tea yourself. When the click was heard signaling the water was finally ready. Stupid as you were, you lifted one hand to take the water, making you loose the balance since your legs could not hold onto your weight anymore. A small gasp was all you were able to let out as you embraced yourself for the fall. Instead you felt arms wrapping around you, holding you up.

"Someone is doing something she was not suppose to do yet" You could feel Kakashi's breath on your ear as he spoke calmly. "thank you.." you sighed in defeat, as he lifted you up in his arms. "You have allready done too much this morning... I bring the tea to you" your head rested on his shoulder as he carried you back to the bedroom, making sure to set you down in a sitting position. When you looked at him you noticed he didn't have his normal attire on.. He had no headband and his usual black undershirt on. "How long have you been back?" You didn't hear him coming back at all.. "I sent a clone.. Just in case something like this would happen" another wave of guilt hit you as you just nodded a bit.

When he came back later with the tea he sat down next to you on the bed and looked over at you. "You are doing good.. Just need to be a little more patient ok?" He handed you the tea, and stayed by your side. "I'm sorry... Even making tea is too much.." You had never been this weak.. Not to this extent and it was frustrating.. It was like you were back at the academy again.. Just instead of struggling with the jutsus it was now everything else. "Don't be soo hard on yourself.. You are able to go out of bed, that is a good improvement" Why did he have to be soo caring.. It almost made you feel worse when he pulled the blanket over your legs. "I haven't seen you this down since the academy days.. Are you sure you are feeling alright?" He placed his hand on your cheek and tilted your head up soo he could look at you.

"I am fine.. Just don't like to be a burden like this" You huffed as you decided to be honest.. Kakashi's brows narrowed as both of his eyes looked at you now. The red eye searching yours. "burden? You think you are a burden? Don't be stupid" Kakashi's tone had a surten tone to it.. Still soft but serious. "I can't even make tea Kakashi.. It has allready been days, and you are locked up in here to take care of me.." there was no point in making eye contact, it would only make it worse anyway. "You are still on that, huh.. What if I like helping you for a change?" He didn't let go of your cheek, and you were kind of thankful for it.. His hands had always been warm and comfortable. "why would something like this be enjoyable?"

When he removed his hand you almost whined from the sudden lost of warmth. Kakashi carefully took the cup and placed it on the night stand next to you, before he looked at you. "Lay down.. You need to rest"  With a sigh you did as he said, but frowned as he did the same. "You looks like you need it, soo come.." He gestured for you to get closer, but you hesitated a bit. You know he was warm and comfortable to snuggle against.. That was how he used to comfort you when you were younger.. But is this really approriate now? "I don't like to repeat myself, Y/N.." Kakashi wouldn't back down, you could hear it in his voice. You carefully got closer, but he pulled you in the rest of the way. Your head was resting on his shoulder, and you felt comfortable against him and his warmth.

It was relaxing, calming even to be snuggled up against him like this. Somehow it always helped your mood... Even if this sort of comfort were more appropiate between cupples at your age. "You can sleep.. I will be here when you wake up" The way his chest vibrated when he spoke made you smile a bit. You closed your eyes, falling asleep almost imediatly. Kakashi could hear it on the way you were breathing, you were sound asleep allready. This is something he hadn't done in years... Almost 8 by now. When you were kids or young teens he always comforted you like this.. It was nothing back then, just a friend comforting a friend, but now when you both were at the age you were.. And the history you shared, it were more intimate than anything.. More intimate than Kakashi had done for years.

Somehow it was shooting for him aswell, making him happy he decided to send the clone instead of going himself..that could have ended very different. Somehow it was comfortable, having you sleeping against him like this.. Soothing almost. He had missed it more than he liked to admit for himself, and it started to become more clear even for him. This whole thing was making Kakashi feeling a bit conflicted. He knew what he told you in the bunker, and he meant every word.. But he didn't know if it was a good idea putting those dreams into reality, not after what happened that night.. He was lucky enough that you were alive and that master Jirayia were still close by, even though it was not his fault as first pressumed, but it still felt like it. Kakashi let out a small sigh as he closed his eye and just listened to your breathing, letting it carry him to sleep.

When you woke up later that day you could still feel the warmth next to you as your eyes flutter a bit. It seemed like he had fell asleep aswell, as he had one arm holding you in place. You noticed the tattoo on his arm, the one he have had for years now. The tattoo all anbu got when they joined. It looked smaller on him now, than what it used too.. He had sure grown since then, even gotten more muscular.. You lifted your hand and let your fingers softly ghost the tattoo. It had been a rough path for him, that much you remember.. He never talked much of it, not even when you two were togheter.. But you remember what Guy had said when he tried to scare him.. Or the mission Guy had been on and seen him in action.

"You still have that look on your face when you see that tattoo" When Kakashi's hoarse voice whispered from above you, your hand retracted. "what look?" It was not like you didn't know what he was reffering too.. But since he didn't see your face right now, it was better to try to play it off. Kakashi moved a bit soo he could look at you. Thats how you noticed how his mask was falling off, making you automatically pull it back up before it showed to much. "it's ok, it is not like you haven't seen it before" he really was not used to people actually pulling his mask up, more soo they always tried to pull it off. "sorry.. I thought you didn’t notice" and honestly, seeing his face now while being snuggled up against him would just pull some strings that should not be pulled.

You both just layed there for a bit, looking at eachother before he spoke up. "were you able to rest a bit?" You quickly nodded, not meeting his eye as you decided to just stare at his collarbones. "it is not normal that you are this quiet and shy.. Still exhausted?" His body moved on its own as Kakashi's forhead rested against yours as he tried to make eyecontact with you. "Yeah.. A bit.. But it helped.. Thank you" When your eyes meet his you froze a bit. How, after all this years could this man do litterally nothing, and still cause such a huge feeling.. And why where those feelings still lingering.. "I promised to be here for you.. Did I not?" with a small nodd as a respons he smiled back.