Part 10 - It Won't Work

It had been a week since you saw the wolf during the meditation. As frustrating as it was, it had gone downhill from there. Your purple cloak would not come out, and you couldn't connect with the Chakra that connected you with the beast at all. You let out a frustrated sigh as you got up. "I will take the dishes" You muttered, knowing Kakashi was half asleep on a branch close by.

You grabbed the bucket and walked the few meters to the river, hoping a small break would help the mood. You sat down as you started to clean the dishes from the breakfast earlier. You had given up trying the small talk with the shinobi.. The most responses you got was on day one, now it was just a command here and there before he went on reading or whatever else he did.

Your eyes scanned the eria a bit as you couldn't help but smile at how beautiful it really was here. The peaceful sound of the running river helped lighten the mood. At least when it almost looked like it was covered in glitter by how the sun reflected in it. You dried off the bowls as you thought about the wolf's words. "two moons collide...no balance... Ugh.. Why making it soo damn hard?" you scoffed. "what does it mean.." Those thoughts and words had been eating at you for a long time now.. It was hard to figure out what it was supposed to mean.. And how could you solve something you didn't know where to start looking..

With a heavy sigh you placed the clean dishes in the basket and got ready to go back. Ears perked when a sound of a branch snapping from the other side of the river, making you turn and look over. Most likely it was another animal again, there were alot of wildlife around here. As you looked up, your eyes widen as you saw the red eyes in the shadows. The body was frozen in place, as your eyes was directly aligned with the red ones in front of you. You screamed out as the eyes changed into the familliar red with a three tags shuriken around the pupil, the same eyes that had haunted your nightmares for soo many years.

Kakashi heard the scream, making him react quickly. He jumped from the branch and ran thowards the river, too see what was going on. He stopped as he saw you laying there, next to the clean dishes.. He couldn't sence anyone around as he hurried over to check on you. "passed out.." his brows narrowed as he scanned the eria once more. He gave the air a quick sniff with his nose, before quickly taking out his kunai. He knew that scent all too well. "I know you are here, Itachi!" Kakashi kept his guard up as he looked around.

"soo you are the one guarding this Jinchuriki?" Itachi stepped out from the shadows across the river. Kakashi made sure not to look into his eyes, he learned the hard lesson a few weeks back. "Why are you here?" He asked, demanding a answer. "as defensive as always.." Itachi answered unimpressed. "she will not do for us, her Tailed beast is not from this world, but it seems like you allready knew?"

Kakashi thighten his grip on his kunai, opening his sharingan eye.. Ready for any attack. "What did you do to her..." It didn't look like Itachi was gonna make any moves, but that still didn't calm him down. "I showed my gratitude, no more, no less" Itachi answered plainly, before he dissolved into bats and dissapeared. The scent dissapeared and Kakashi put the kunai away. He turned and looked down at you, before lifting you up and carried you back to the cabin.

He carefully placed you down on the bed and started to pack when he had made sure you were ok. It was time to leave, and that quickly... He knew if Itachi came back he would have a hard time taking him on alone.. Which was not a good thing right now, at least when there was no backup anywhere near you, and you being unconsious.

You let out a groan as you started to wake up again. Your head was pounding making you lift your hand to put pressure on your forhead. "Take it easy.." Kakashi's voice even thought it was low, sounded like full blown speakers to your ears, making you flinch. You remembered the eyes in the shadows, making your own snap open. "I said easy" He muttered next to you. "W.. What... Happened?" You asked carefully, noticing you were back in the cabin. "Nothing to worry about.. But we need to go.." You looked over at him, a bit confused as you saw he was allready packed up.

"You looks like it is something to worry about" you looked up at his face.. "I will explain later.. Are you able to walk?" You just nodded and carefully got up. You bit your thumb and did the signs. "summoning jutsu" you said carefully, summoning Mirai, before carefully putting the bags on him again.  You lean on your wolf as everything got packed up and ready. "Lay down on my back, Y/N.. No need to push it too hard" Mirai nosed you, making you nod as you layed down on his back as they started to walk.

You hoped Kakashi would start to explain, but a hour had passed and he had said nada soo far. "are you gonna tell me what happened or not?" you looked over at him carefully, noticing he was still on alert. "Itachi Uchiha.. That is what happened back there" Kakashi looked over at you, giving you a look that said it all. "wait.. Itachi is back?" It was a shock, You thought Itachi didn't stay this close after he went to the village last time. "Was he looking for Naruto?"

"No... He said he showed you his gratitude.." The way Kakashi said it told you he wanted to know if you knew what it was about. "gratitude..." you whispered, just getting a nod from Kakashi. "Can it be about Sasuke..." your brows lifted slightly as you thought about it. "Itachi was the Anbu being guard the night before the massacre.. Helping me with my training.." you paused a secound. "He made me promise something.." you sat up a bit, careful not to hurt Mirai. "it makes sense now.."

"what makes sense?" Kakashi looked over, wanting to know aswell. "He made me promise to look after Sasuke if anything happened... But I never put two and two togheter before now" Kakashi put both of his hands back in his pockets. "does anyone know?" he asked after a bit, making you shake your head. "No, I never thought it had something to do with the massacre..." you mumbled. Somehow you have had a good enough relationships with the Uchiha's, being Obito's best friend when you were younger.

"I always thought it was something he said because I used to babysit from time to time..  It was not uncommon that I was over at the Uchihas side of town.." Kakashi just nodded, knowing what you were reffering too. "When we get back, you go straight home to rest.. I take the information to Lady Tsunade" he said plainly. The rest of the trip were silent. When you both got back to the village at night Mirai took you home to rest as Kakashi went to see if he could see the Hokage right away.

Luckily for him Tsunade had not went to bed yet, as she was up late filing paperwork. He knocked at the door and walked inside. "what are you doing back allready?" The blond asked as she looked up from the pile of papers on her desk. "We ran into Itachi Uchiha again.. And the training is not going as we thought" Tsunade slammed her fist in the desk. "are they after her aswell?" The look in her eyes roared of anger. "no, He had all uppertunity to do so, but did nothing to take her.. I don't know what happened exactly.. She was passed out when I found her" He admitted nervously

"You let her go on her own!" She stood up, making Kakashi nervous. "No, no.." he answered nervously. "She was a few meters from me, doing the dishes in the river... Then she screamed and I found her passed out... Most likely she was caught in his Genjitsu" he explained calmly. "He knows about her, since he used to work as a guard for her back then.. But he claimed he came by to show his gratitude..." Kakashi explained. "Apperantly it had to do with Sasuke.. Itachi had apperantly asked her to watch out for Him the day before the massacre"

"and what does that mean? Showing his gratitude?" Tsunade looked at him. "I am not sure, neither is Y/N" He answered honestly. "and about her training?" Tsunade sat back down, leaning her head on her folded hands. "The first day during meditation she suddenly got in full panic.. Claiming she spoke with a wolf. The wolf told Y/N she is not ready, and since two moons are coliding there will be no balance.. After that she has not been able to use the tail beast cloak.. " Tsunade nodded slowly." I see.. We have alot to figure out then.. And make sure to solve that methaphor"

Kakashi nodded and sighed. "The seal is gone, and the tail beast is taking back the controll.. It will be alot of work" it was true, it seems like the tailed one wanted to put up a fight. "But training outside the village will not be safe, not after knowing they know about her... The best I can do is the old training grounds" kakashi looked at her, knowing this was not a good idea for him personally, but he was left with no choice. "Then use the old grounds. See if it can help to gain back controll... I summon her for a breef tomorrow" Tsunade dismissed him, making Kakashi nod before leaving.

He was not looking forward to go back there, not after what happened that night. Hopefully it would not go as Jirayia said.. That would only damage her training and safety doing soo.