Part 11 - A Lifechanging Request

The next morning you got up, before doing your morning rutine and getting dressed. As you looked into the frigde you frowned. "damn.. I forgot" you mumbled and went to the hallway and put the shoes on before walking outside and locking the door behind you. You put the key in your pocked before you started to walk to the store, going over the list in your head. "milk, rice, meat, noodles, soysauce" you mumbled tiredly.

When you walked inside you were happy to see almost no one in the store as you started to put things in the basket. This was the most annoying thing.. The grocery shopping that is. The last thing you grabbed was a pack of tea and a snack for later. You payed the lady behind the desk and walked out. "There you are!" The heavy arms around your shoulders could only belong to one person. "Asuma.." you smiled a bit and started to walk. "hey, you wait up!" He ran up to you made you stop and look at him. "whats wrong big bro?"

"whats wrong? You seriously asking that?" He sighed and lighten himself a cigarette. "you had us worried.. Been up in a hospital for a month, and when we get the word you are awake, you have left before we even were able to come over!" He gave you the typichal displeased big brother look. "oh.. Damn.. I totally forgot to notify" you mumbled. "is this about that, or something else?" Asuma raised a brow and took the basket for you, apperantly planning to follow you home. "both yes and no.." you mumbled. "It's about the old man isn't it?"

You looked away as you walked togheter. "that is a part of it yes.. I'm sorry I couldn't save him" Asuma smiled and placed his hand on your shoulder. "Ey, after what I heard, you gave your all.. Thats all you could have done.." you looked at him suprised. "I was expecting a bit more scolding.."

"scolding for what? Other than almost getting yourself killed in the prosess I have nothing to scold you for.." He threw the cigarette away and walked up to your appartment with you. You unlocked the door and walked inside, taking off the shoes before taking the basket from him." want some breakfast? " You looked at him." You know what I like"he Chuckled and walked inside as he sat down by the kitchen table. Watching you put the groceries away." soo what are you gonna do now? With Naruto out of town.. And Your powers known? "

"You are talking about it like you have known about it?" You looked back at him with a curious look in your eyes. Asuma was one of the people in your life you were scared would find out. "the old man told me years ago.." He looked back at you. "You started acting wierd, and refused too talk with any of us.. Soo I went to the old man" Asuma answered honestly. "oh.. I didn't know I was acting that off." You turned the stove on and placed down the frying pan, before putting the rice in the ricecooker. "well, you did.. The break up with Kakashi, avoiding us, taking in a baby." he sighed

"what? I am not following?" You narrowed your brows. Holding the eggs in your hand. "You didn't notice all the wierd stuff you did?" Asuma played with his lighter. "No.. Like I knew I started to avoid my friends and all.. After the attack on the village.. But there were no break ups as far as I remember" you went back to whisping the eggs togheter for the omelette as the rice boiled. "Oh, I did not know the break up was still a no talk subject"

"what are you talking about, Asuma.. I didn't break up the friendship with Kakashi,... I just avoided him like I did you and the others" You put the eggs in the frying pan, letting it cook as you put some spices in. Asuma just looked at you with a suspicious look in his eye. "Yeah, friendship... Lets call it that then" he mumbled tiredly. "You know, Genma has had a eye on you for a time" he tried to change the subject. "ok. Spit it out, what are you planning, and why are you prying?" You turned around and looked at him with a annoyed look.

"Kurenai want to have a double date.. But I can't take the Naras... Soo If we set you up with Genma for the night, we can still enjoy the company" He explained. "Why involve me in your lovelife like that? You are supposed to make men stop bothering me, not match make me.. Thought you took the role as a big brother seriously when you started to claim to be mine?" You raised a brow. "It is not like that, I just want a relaxed evning, nothing more" you sighed and turned the omelette. A knock was heard at the door. "don't burn it" You gave Asuma the spatula and went to open the door.