Part 21 - Black VIPER activated

The date was set, and it came faster than you liked

The date was set, and it came faster than you liked. The knock on the door let you know Asuma were here to pick you up as you threw the bag over your shoulder and walked out of your appartment. "You are that ready?" Asuma had a suprised looked on his face, but you could also see how nervous he was. "Better to get this over with.. Isn't it?" Hopefully this would go great with less to no problems.. Even with something as unpredictable as the black viper itself.  "This is like the first day of the academy all over again..." The nervous chuckle didn't go unoticed as you sighed softly. "just changed positions this time.." You started to walk hoping the nerves would calm down on the way.

Tsunade had arranged to use one of the old bunkers outside the village. It would be hidden from others, while be in range for radio communication in case back up was needed. Anbu was going to assist with guarding the bunker, and even break in if things got too out of hand. Which were a security matter in a situation like this. And to be frank.. Rather a faceless anbu taking care of you if you loose controll than Kakashi.. You couldn't help but feel bad for asking him back at the first month of training.. Before the memories came back. Now you would never have asked something like that of him..

When you thought about it, you had not seen Kakashi since the day he informed you of the date and place.. Which is now a week ago. Seems like when he said he wanted to stay out of it he really meant it. "Are you nervous?" Asuma's voice took you back to reality for a moment, as you looked over at him carefully. "I would be stupid to not be nervous about this.." it was the truth, if you weren't nervous to let the most negative chakra out, you would have been stupid. One misstep and you could end up hurting people you cared for in ways you didn't even wanted to think of. "I want you to promise me something" He stopped in his tracks, before putting another cigarette to his lips. "No matter how bad this get, or if you loose controll of this.. Don't die.." the way his lips went into a thin line with his serious expression made you know he really ment it. "I promise.."

The rest of the walk were silent.. Almost uncomfortable silence between you two. Normally Asuma would be the one to lighten the mood, give the pep talk if needed.. But this time he was just as nervous, and if not more nervous than you. When you walked up to the bunker, two anbu members greeted you. Giving a vawe of gesture to follow behind them, and you both did. It felt cold inside the dark hallways, almost giving you the creeps walking behind the Anbu. A squeeke was heard as more light came into the hallway. The anbu had opened the door to the eria you were going to stay at. With a small nodd you walked passed the Anbu and into the larger room having Asuma following behind.

Inside Tenzo were allready waiting with 3 other Anbu elites, all having the masks on. You had expected it.. And knew this time they would have to stay on, since you had Asuma with you aswell. "This room will be sealed shut. Soo no matter what happens it would stay inside of this room" Tenzo walked up to you, and gestured throwards the larger eria you found yourself in. "we will stay behind theese walls, keeping a eye on everything going on.. Aswell speaking to you throught the radio." You looked over at the small setup with windows, hoping it was enough. "lets get started right away." You said, more like a question.. Before you placed your bag down and let the men prepare and get into hiding as you called it.

Tsunade sat by her desk, with shizune at one side and Kakashi at the other as they all waited for something to happen throught the radio. "They should be calling out allready" Tsunade muttered to herself as she rested her chin at her hands. "Unit 6 ready to start operation" When the voice came throught the woman let out a deep sigh. Tsunade looked at Shizune and gave a nodd before taking turning the speaker on. "start when you are ready, and keep us updated on the progress. Unit 8 is on the way as assitance, soo you are all set" They all knew the risks.. If you weren't able to do it in the time that was set.. They would have no other choice.

When Asuma and Tenzo heard the confimation they both gave you the thumbs up throught the window. "stay inside the circle in the middle and start when you are ready" Tenzo's voice were clearly nervous. He knew exactly what he was dealing with, since he had witnessed it before. "And Y/N, we have one chance.. Don't fuck it up" Asuma added, trying to have some humor in this even if his own voice failed him. All you could to was to give them a small smile and nodd before you got settled in the circle they had made on the ground. With a deep breath you tried to calm your nerves as you started the handsigns to activate. "Tiger..... Dragon.... Bird... boar... dog" You whispered as you did them. "Black viper.." You could feel the negativity taking over in almost a painful way.

Your eyes turned completely black, and cold. A coldness that was hard to even imagine. The black cloak activated, covering your body as a black fire.. Sending a small forcewave throught the room like a ice cold wind in the winter. Your whole posture changed from the normal relaxed you to almost tense and uncaring. "It's activated.." Asuma's shaky voice spoke throught the radio, letting the hokage know. Even with the long distance they put between them, they could almost feel it throught the radio. "All we can do now is wait.." Tsunade looked between the two in her office, making sure to mask her own nervousness.

The team in the bunker made sure to update as often as they could. Almost 3 weeks went buy, making everyone be on the edge. "Lady Tsunade, there is no improvement.. The purple is still coming throught from time to time.. But nothing of what we say or do has no effect anymore, not from this room" Asuma were frustrated, he wanted to run into the room you were in and snap you out of it.. But he knew that could cause a reaction that might make you loose the controll you had left. "it has been like this for a week! Are you sure you have tried it all!?" Back at the office the nerves were just as it was at the bunker. The blond were pacing back and forth, not happy with the news that was being told over the radio. "We are getting closer to deadline here, If we don't have it in a few days.." She stopped herself when the officedoor opened behind her.

"lady Tsunade.. We have a problem.." Kakashi walked inside and stopped as he noticed the mood of the leader. "one bigger than what we have here?" She gestured thowards the radio, coming off more agressive than usual. "It depends.. Rouges has been seen close to the village boarders.. It is not normal to see rouges in teams like that" Kakashi added, knowing this could have something to do with the chakra realise from the bunker. "We have to chase them away.... Try to not cause a fight.. If she sense it... It's over" She shaked her head and sat down in the hokage chair behind her desk. "How clear are your mind Hatake?" She didn't look at him, as her eyes were focused on the radio in front of her. "clear enough.." She knew deep down he was lying, she could see the bags under his eyes aswell. "get a team togheter and send them out to chase them away.. We can not let this get out" Kakashi nodded before leaving the office knowing exactly who to take on a team for this. In all honesty he needed this mission now.. Get something else to think about, rather than waiting for the message that another friend had passed.

All everyone could to was hoping for the best, and for most of them it was harder than it looked. Asuma didn't like how the black cloak was damaging you both from the inside and outside. Such a negative chakra would harm even the most hateful soul. The emptyness in the black eyes of yours made his body shiver.. Did he regret agreeing to this? Yes.. In every way he did.. Just to see the one he looked at as a little sister be in such condition would hurt anyone. Asuma could also see how hard you fought it.. How the purple tries to come throught.. How your teeth gritted when the pain was at it's worse.. How you tried to come throught when he brought up childhood memories and old funny missions you went on togheter. Even the man in the mask next to him had tried the same.. Sharing memories, jokes that normally would make you laugh.. Soo far nothing worked. The last thing they could do was to just hope and belive in you.. Not letting their own doubt be shown to you.

Did you wanna give up? Yes.. Your body was exhausted at this point.. Aswell as your head.. It all felt almost num to everything going on. You kept your eyes at the window, watching Asuma and Tenzo as you hoped it would be enough.. You could see they were trying to hide it.. But you knew they were close to giving up aswell. Even if you were present mentally, you had no controll of your body or mood. You knew this was going to be hard, having this activated the whole day, and being passed out from exhaustion at night, but you did this for everyone. Making sure they all were going to be safe. The images of Naruto throught the years flashed before your eyes, aswell as Sasuke.. You needed to be strong for them. They needed you, the village would need you, that was all you could tell yourself over and over.