Part 12 - Double Date

You couldn't wait to get home and take a shower

You couldn't wait to get home and take a shower. Get the hospital smell out of your clothes and hair.. It was the one thing you hated about hospitals, no matter dimension.. They all smelled the same.. And the scent was stuck to you as soon as you left the building.  The door to your appartment was open, meaning Asmua had not locked as you asked him. "He is gonna be the death of me" you muttered as you got inside and locked the door.

"Soo you are back?" Asuma cheered from the kitchen. You kicked the shoes off and walked into the hallway and looked over. "wait, why is everyone in my kitchen?" Kurenai, Asuma and kakashi sat by your kitchen table. "well, you were the one saying dates at resturant were the same as eating at home.. Soo we changed the plans" Asuma smiled. "Don't worry, I didn't let Asuma cook" Kurenai giggled as she elbowed her boyfriend. "we thought you were never gonna show up" Kurenai gave you the normal look of worry.. The look you had been too used to by now.

"You see.. I thought I still had a hour to go on" You walked into the kitchen, and looked over at the clock. "well, damn.. I don't" You rub your neck. "Well, make some tea.. I need a shower.. I will be quick" Asuma looked at you pointing his zippo at you. "You are doing it again"

"doing what?"

"the wierd twitch your eyes do when you are hiding something" He mumbled seriously. "I think we take the resurant, you need it" Kurenai smiled. "no worries, I make the tea... Take the time you need in the shower" Kakashi said plainly, noticing the conversation. You nodded, thanking him in your mind as you run off to the shower.

"You knew her the best Kakashi.. Should I be worried?" Asuma looked over at him when he knew you couldn't hear. "I don't know.. I don't think there is a reasion too worry.." Kakashi put the tea on the stove to heat it up. "I don't know.. Something is off, I feel it in my guts" Asuma muttered and looked at Kurenai. "Don't push her.. You know what that leads too" She warned as she got up to help Kakashi with the tea. "Is this something that has been happening the later years?" Kakashi asked carefully, knowing he had to pry carefully.

"It starts with the avoiding, then the eyetwitch.. Suddenly she goes mute.. Like a shadow of herself.. But she never tells us anything anymore, that stopped after she became a Chunin." Asuma placed the zippo down. "Last time we tried to push it.. She was gone for over a month.. We don't know where she hides, but she never goes home.."Kakashi just nodded. He knew you had alot on your mind.. But knowing it was that closed off he would not have imagined." Maybe it helps when you are around again.. Seems like you are the only one left that can break those walls"Kurenai added.

Kakashi knew what they were talking about, but he didn't want too confirm anything."at least now that Master Jirayia have taken Naruto out to train.." Was the only thing Kakashi said, ending the conversation..

Luckily it was just in time. You walked out of the bedroom with fresh clothes on and clean. "Sorry, but also thank you.. I really needed that one" You smiled as you sat down. "Lets enjoy the tea while we figure out where to go?" Kakashi came over with a cup for you and him, while Kurenai took one for her and Asuma. "didn't Asuma talk about that sushi place?" You raised a brow. "Well, we have that one, the BBQ, ramen" Asuma shrugged. "I think sushi is a good deal.. At least since you always are at the BBQ anyway with your students, Asuma.. And I always get dragged away for ramen.. And knowing Naruto he must have dragged Kakashi along there too" You chuckled.