~1~

{December 1st, 2021
5 Months Before}

Ring
Ring
Ring

     The sound of the phone goes causing the young Alycia Carey to push the throw blanket off of her and grab the remote control, turning down the volume to her show. Afterwards, the green eyed girl grabs her phone seeing the caller I.D to read "Mum". She hits answer and puts the phone up to her ear.

"Hey mum," Alycia spoke, her Australian accent thick.

"Oh thank goodness you picked up!" Her mother spoke through the phone panic in her voice causing Alycia's eyebrows to furrow adjusting on the couch a bit.

"Is everything alright?" Alycia asks.

"Have you seen the news lately about the murders?" Alycia's mother asks and Alycia shakes her head grabbing the tv remote, turning the channel to the news. "Alycia? Dear are you there?"

"Yeah mum I'm here. I'm just, I'm looking at the news now," Alycia responds, letting her eyes become attacked to the news. There, they were in fact talking about the serial killer. Alycia gently turned up the volume but heard her mother more.

"Why don't you stay home for a bit? Call in sick?" Alycia's mother questions, fear in her voice. Alycia rolled her eyes and shook her head setting the remote down in her lap.

"Mum, it's fine. It's not even my exact area," Alycia responds, adding. "Besides, isn't all the victims men?"

"Well yes but there's been two women raped and killed. They're not sure if it's No Name but they're pretty sure it is."

"How can they be- Never mind. Mum I love you, I have to go to bed now," Alycia says keeping her eyes glued to the tv screen.

A low sigh escapes through the other end of the phone. "Okay, okay. I love you sweetie. Just-Just be careful okay?"

"I will mum. Promise." And with that the two hang up causing the young Australian to toss down her phone beside her and turn up the news. She reached forward to the coffee table and grabbed her laptop, opening it up. Curiosity was getting the best of her as she opened up google and searched up the No Name killer.

<<<<>>>>

    "Important update regarding the serial killer terrorizing LA," the news caster spoke as Alycia Carey slipped her clothes off and changed into her work clothes that consisted of dark blue jeans and a plain white t-shirt. "Another body has been found. 32 year old Simon Matthews was found last night at around 11 P.M. Authorities say that Simon had been missing for 3 days, was brutally beaten but died to being choked. If you haven't been following the news or any newspaper out there then this matches the signature move of our infamous serial killer No Name."

   Alycia rolls her eyes at the name as she tosses her hair into a ponytail. She grabs the remote and turns off the tv shaking her head from side to side. Afterwards she makes her way across the living room and to the front door, grabbing her keys and her bag followed by her phone. The news bugged her most days, then again it's really been annoying since last night when her mother had called her. Since then Alycia stayed up all through the night following every lead she possibly could about the serial killer terrorizing LA. It interested her and she loved watching murder mystery documentaries. So for it to be happening in her life, around where she lives she felt even more fascinated by it. Although her mother was completely scared by the fact but then again her mother was all the way back in Australia.