Book 2 Snippet

September 13th, 2022

"Mum, Mum, stop please stop," Alycia spoke gently but swiftly grabbing the blanket from her mother shaking her head.

"I'm sorry Alycia," Alycia's mother gently spoke standing, looking down at her daughter who stays sitting on the couch. "I'm only trying to help. You went through-"

"You don't know what I went through. Nobody does," Alycia said, quick to cut her mother off. "It's been four months Mum. I'm fine."

"You are not fine Alycia!" The girl's mother shouts stomping her foot. Alycia's head lifts slightly looking at her mother to see tears in her eyes. "You were kidnapped! They held you hostage and hurt you! I saw those pictures in the courtroom!"

"Y/n didn't do that! Marcus did and he's dead!" Alycia shouts, flashes of herself on that screen burning inside of her mind. She shakes her head and clenches her jaw. "Yes I was kidnapped okay Mum? But I love Y/n. I love them!"

Alycia's mother shakes her head from side to side. "Alycia sweetie how can you love someone who manipulated you? Who kept you hostage and killed so many people?"

"But that's the thing Mum. Them killing anyone wasn't proven..." Alycia's voice trails as her eyes tear from her mother and down to her hands that mess with one another. "Plus... No one saw them like I did. No one lived what I did. And I don't know why or how I love Y/n, but I do. And I miss them and I want them back."

Alycia's mother looks at her daughter flabbergasted. Her lips separate but no words form as she goes to speak. And she doesn't get the chance to either as the bell to the house rings.

The mother slowly rises, a sad look glowing in her eyes as she walks away from Alycia and to the door. She glances through the peep hole and sighs lightly as she unlocks the door and opens it up.

"Hello Everlynn," Leone says kindly. Everlynn gentle smiles and looks past the woman to the girl on the couch.

"How is she?" Everlynn asks, her voice low. Leone's eyes are heavy, red and puffy. Bags stayed under her eyes. It's clear to anybody and everybody the woman was tired and rightfully so.

Book 2 up now!