~5~

December 5th, 2021
{Midnight}

"Country roads take me home to the place I belong," Y/n sang along to the song on the radio as Alycia's green eyes slowly begin to flutter open. The sound of Y/n's off tune, low singing appears in her ears as she blinks repeatedly trying to gather where ever she was till she felt the feeling of a car moving. Her green eyes swiftly glance about before seeing Y/n in the driver's seat looking straight ahead. She gently moves a bit feeling the rope around her wrists to tighten causing the girl to wince, shaking her head slightly. She was laying down across the back seat.

"Well look someone decided to wake up," Y/n spoke turning the music down while glancing into the rearview mirror. "How'd you sleep?"

"Where are we going?" Alycia asks, trying to look out any windows she can but couldn't find the strength to sit up.

"Good thing about being a hostage Alycia is you don't need to worry about those types of things," Y/n responds taking a sharp left turn.

"Considering I'm a hostage in the first place does give me a need to worry," Alycia raises her voice, beginning to struggle against the ropes. Y/n glances back into the rear view mirror at the girl. A small smirk slowly inching to the girl's lips as they look at Alycia. That was until the sound of a siren catches Y/n off, wiping the smirk she wore right off of her face.

"Damn it-" Y/n shook her head and slowly pulled over. "Alycia, close your eyes. Pretend you're asleep." Y/n swiftly reaches down grabbing a hold of a blanket and spreading it over Alycia's body the best she could.

"Why should I? I can scream for help-"

"You scream for help and I can kill him and you with two bullets," Y/n swiftly says, her voice deep as she turns in her seat, relaxing a bit in her seat. No more side comments appear from Alycia causing Y/n to briefly glance in the rear view mirror to see Alycia's eyes closed. The girl nods and hears a couple knocks at the window. Slowly, calmly Y/n rolls down her window locking eyes with the old, crusty looking officer.

"License and registration," the man said and Y/n cocked her head to the side.

"May I ask why sir?" Y/n questions setting her hands off of the steering wheel into her lap.

"You've got a tail light out," the officer responds his eyes slowly roaming to the back seat. Y/n, however remains calm shaking her head.

"Oh right! I've been meaning to fix that-" Y/n pauses shaking her head, while turning her head, glancing swiftly to Alycia with her eyes closed across the back seat. "My girlfriend and I have just been out of town."

"Oh yeah? That's your girlfriend in the back?" The officer asks as Y/n reaches into the glove box, wrapping her fingers around the end of a pistol. "Wake her up."

"Oh come on. It's been a long night-" Before Y/n could finish her sentence she could see out of the corner of her eye the officer slowly taking a step back and reaching for his gun.

"Can I have you step out of the vehicle for me?" He asks and Y/n turns her head towards him. Her eyes remained on his but could see his hand on his gun.

"Why would I do that? I haven't done anything wrong?" Swiftly the officer goes to pull out his gun however Y/n's quicker and she fires her gun twice causing Alycia to erupt into screams. Blood splashes in Y/n's face. But it doesn't bother her. Instead she tosses the pistol to the passenger side of her door and looks out her window, to the officer bleeding out.

"That could have gone completely differently," Y/n said, shrugging her shoulders looking at the damage she's done. "I mean you really just caused me to kill that guy. Like that's not even my motive Alycia. And you know out of everyone what my motive is, don't you?"