~19~

December 20th, 2021

"Gunnar?" Y/n says tilting their head as they opened the door. A gentle smile spreads to Gunnar's lips as his blue eyes flick back and forth between Y/n.

"Hey, can I come in?" Gunnar asks and Y/n slowly nods her head stepping back out of the way. Gunnar nods, walking in passing Y/n. Once he's passed Y/n hesitantly closes the door behind him, locking it. "I've been to at least four different one of your houses, never would have guessed this one."

"Yeah well when someone's after you and you're wanted by everyone in the United States, you gotta go to the one house no one would expect," Y/n speaks shoving her hands into her pockets and walks over to Gunnar, past him. Their eyes glance up the stairs passing Gunnar before going to the couch and sitting down.

"Yeah that's true-" Gunnar pauses walking over too and sitting down on the chair across from the couch. "How's the wound?"

"Healing," Y/n responds leaning back and placing their knee up on top of their knee, while their arm rests on the arm rest.

Gunnar nods. "Not infected?"

Y/n shakes her head. "Nope... How'd you survive that night?" It came out of no where but Gunnar nodded. He knew this was going to be asked sooner rather than later considering the two haven't seen each other for a while.

"You trained me remember? I can get out of mostly anything," Gunnar responds shrugging, staying on the edge of the seat.

"Yeah I know but Gunnar I saw you. I felt for a pulse. There was none."

"I stopped my heart." Y/n looks at the man tilting her head, slightly. "It was the only way to get out of there. Besides Rodney knew what to do. I explained everything to him."

"And he actually gathered all of it? Lucky bastard," Y/n responds, a bit impressed as a chuckle escapes Gunnar.

"Surprisingly enough yeah." Gunnar nods, a small silence filling the air. Y/n tears her eyes from Gunnar and to the ground, tapping her middle finger against the couch arm. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"You seem on edge, why?" Gunnar's eyes stay focused on Y/n before they slowly lift their head, locking eyes with Gunnar's.

"What do you mean?" Y/n shakes her head as Gunnar snickers, tilting his head to the side.

"When we were going to put you out for surgery you kept saying you had to get back, get back to... Alycia? I think that was the name-" Gunnar pauses as Y/n's face stays mutual. Blank. "You just kept repeating it until we knocked you out. Even when you woke up you asked where she was. When didn't have an answer for you because none of us knew. But then Conrad told me you had some girl captive, but he said you were rough with her."

"Gunnar you know I don't-

"Y/n you haven't spoke like that about someone since we were 14," Gunnar said cutting Y/n off, causing Y/n to drop her foot and sit up on the couch, shaking her head.

"I kidnapped her the beginning of December. She was right place, wrong time," Y/n began shaking their head. Gunnar narrows his eyes , but allowing Y/n to speak. "I can't kill her."