~22~

December 21st, 2021

"Thanks Gunnar. I'll call you tomorrow," Y/n shouted before entering the house and closing the door. They grab a hold of the lock and lock the door before turning on their heels and reaching their hand up, loosening up the tie.

A low sigh escapes their lips as they walk further into the home, spotting Alycia sitting on the stairs, looking at Y/n. The captor cocks her head to the side letting her undone tie hang around her neck as she walks over to the Australian, but stops a couple feet away.

"Can I ask you something?" Alycia asks and Y/n squints their eyes, nodding once. "What did Stevens mean by 'you've brought me girls before'?"

Y/n nods and walks over holding out their hand. Alycia's green eyes flick to the girl's hand back to Y/n's eyes. Y/n stays still waiting patiently before momentarily Alycia reaches up her arm and slips her hand in Y/n's.

Y/n helps the girl to her feet before guiding her up the stairs. The girl's eyes were on the ground, however Alycia's were on Y/n's, wanting an answer. Needing an answer even though she most likely already knew the answer. She just wants to hear it from Y/n, themselves.

After a few seconds they make it up to Alycia's room and Y/n pushes the door open only to step off to the side, allowing Alycia to walk in first. Alycia, confused, does it anyway and her eyes go wide and light up at the painting hanging above the bed.

"Oh. My. God- Y/n, that was-"

"You admired this one more than any tonight. You took your time analyzing it, scanning it, taking in its beauty. I didn't quite get it till I myself started looking at it. It's quite lovely and I wanted you to have it," Y/n spoke gently, slightly cutting the brunette off. Alycia shakes her head from side to side, looking over the painting swiftly before turning and facing Y/n who stands against the door frame with their arms crossed. A genuine smile plastered against their lips for the first time.

"I- Thank you but Y/n that piece was over 5 million dollars," Alycia spoke, concern in her voice at the amount of money Y/n paid for it.

"That's what the mantle said it was worth from the artist herself. But we were at an auction. The piece was actually 14.8 million dollars," Y/n informs the girl causing her eyes to go wide. Frantically the girl shakes her head causing Y/n to stand and walk over to the girl, dropping her arms across her chest. She walks over and takes Alycia's hands in her's, locking their eyes.

"I make a lot of money Alycia. Don't worry about how much it cost. Just enjoy it," Y/n whispers. Alycia wanted to argue. She wanted to tell the person to give it back and get her money back. The painting was beautiful sure, but it wasn't worth 14.8 million dollars.

Y/n could see the look in Alycia's eyes as she nodded and walked the two of them over to the bed. They both sat on the edge and stayed silent.

"Alycia, I know it was a lot. But I wanted to get it for you. You're living here now, this is your room. I want you to have stuff that-" Before Y/n could finish her sentence Alycia cupped the captor's face in her hand and turned her head, swiftly locking their lips. Surprised, Y/n takes a swift second to process before kissing the girl back, closing their eyes. Alycia, maintaining their locked lips, slowly climbs onto Y/n's lap and wraps her arms around Y/n's neck as Y/n's hands slowly guide around the girl's waist, pulling her closer, if that was even possible.